Bkk Taxi Driver Returns 3,000 Quid

britmaveric

Englishman’s relief as a good hearted Bangkok Taxi Driver returns a missing case and 3,000 pounds in cash.

This story is about an English man who left his briefcase inside a Bangkok metered Taxi after a journey from Don Muang Airport in Bangkok to Pattaya. Mr. Richardson aged 37 from England was looking forward to his well earned Holiday in Pattaya and arrived at his Hotel only to find that he had indeed left his briefcase inside the Taxi, driven by Khun Gamshai aged 42. What made matters worse was the fact that inside the case was a money bag containing 3,000 English pounds. Mr. Richardson went straight to Pattaya Police Station to file a report assuming that he would never see the case again. As he was making the report, Pattaya Police received a call from the taxi driver who had already gone back to Bangkok. Police instructed him to bring the case to Pattaya Police Station where the two men and the case were reunited. The 3,000 Pounds was still inside the case to the relief of Mr. Richardson and Police Lieutenant Colonel Prichar, the investigating officer in this case. As a gesture of good will, Mr. Richardon decided to give Khun Gamsahi, 5,000 Baht in appreciation of his honesty and cooperation which brought this particular case to a happy ending.

-Pattaya City News

In these cases I wonder if it is honesty or ignorance. When I was younger, and not any poorer than I am now, I would have swiped the cash.

Now I would return it (carefully) don't just hand 3,000 quid in at the police station. Yet to this taxi driver if he really knew that this was 200,000 baht would he do it?

The reward was disgusting. I would give £500 minimum about 35,000 baht; because I fear, I might not even have bothered asking at the police station, and just put it down as lost.

I can't remember ever carrying more than a thousand quid in cash in any country except for short durations between bank and somewhere else, quickly.

In these cases I wonder if it is honesty or ignorance. When I was younger, and not any poorer than I am now, I would have swiped the cash.

Now I would return it (carefully) don't just hand 3,000 quid in at the police station. Yet to this taxi driver if he really knew that this was 200,000 baht would he do it?

The reward was disgusting. I would give £500 minimum about 35,000 baht; because I fear, I might not even have bothered asking at the police station, and just put it down as lost.

I can't remember ever carrying more than a thousand quid in cash in any country except for short durations between bank and somewhere else, quickly.

Travelers cheques is the smart move, but I do say this lad is now known in Pattaya to have 3000quid in dosh on him. (not exactly a good thing)