Em (effective Microorganisms) Technology

Aitit

This is a try to continue a thread from the visa/wp section, where we get to much into farming, organic farming!

Pnusted,Houndog

Do you know what these pesticides contain and their likely effects?

Most pesticides contain deadly chemicals, they kill all the insects/ live in the soil!

My EM-Adjan, in Surat Thani,usually sais:"What kills the insects, kills human beings also, just slower!

It is totally contrary to nature, only live in the soil, or a living soil can make the plants grow at their best.

Only a soil containing bucks,worms, microorganisms can break up, so that strong and healthy roots and with this, plants can develop.

A pest control by nature is possible, it works like, the eggs and larvas of insects will not develop further, the insects are not hungry any more, no baby's-no grown up's, don't eat-then die.

Again, the nature is so well organised, that it actually effects only the insects that do bad, the good ones, the one the soil needs, will stay! :o

With the leaves from the neem-tree you can make your own.I have 10 of them.

In Thailand the neem tree is known as "ton sadao",bot.name is adzadirachta indica.

Back to this later.

Neem-tree

EM-Effective Microorganisms is one of the best things I ran into, aeh thing, it's not a thing, it is a live form!

Let me quote from the founders of EM Kyusei Nature Farming(KNF}:

"The Principle of Kyusei Nature Farming is to learn from the great power of nature which is beyond human understanding and to allow the power of the soil to be fully exhibited by taking good care of the soil."

"KNF is not a farming method that leaves every thing to nature. It goes considerably beyond organic farming, both conceptually and practically. Which has a definite mission and goals to enhance the quality of human life by eliminating hunger, disease,poverty and conflict.

EM technology has a considerably broader application than just plant production. EM is highly effection in purifying waste water and sewage effluents, promoting soil structure and aggregation, suppressing maladors in livestock and poultry building, and enhancing the conversion efficiency of animal feed."

Though EM is @home in Thailand since about 20 years, the word didn't spread as fast as deseved. In some schools they are teaching about, parts of the army spread the know how, but their is no aggressive marketing from the producer.

In other country's, as heard from North Korea, the gov. is behind! The food production in North Korea was very poor and only chemical stuff available, the country depended on importing food. After a couple of years, that their gov. introduced EM to the farmers, they are now at the point to export good quality food!

Oops, forgot to mention, that EM is dirt cheap!!! Much cheaper than the chemical stuff.

So in Thailand we have about 10% of the farmers using EM, the shrimp production however, is already up to 20%, alas EM-shrimps-50%less production costs-30% more outcome!!!

The higher profit is 1 reason, the other is that many countrys made an import stop for that chemical deseased Thailand shrimps!

But still 80% of our shrimps are full antibiotics and whatever.

And as I see it on Samui, there is a goverment linked shop selling fertiliser and pesticides to the local farmers, but only chemical stuff, they not even have heard of EM.

We are not to blame the farmers, if the gov. is bonding with chemical multis, alowing them to bring dioxin stuff on the market that is banned a long time in EU!!!

I need a break and some input, have a look at the sites below.

EM-info's-english:

EMRO-USA

Livingsoil-UK

EM-Tech

A speach from Dr.Teruo Higa, the developer of EM

Higa

dutch, english,french,german-info's

Agriton-NL

german only

Energie ernten

This is the ultimative site, answering all your questions,e.g. where to buy EM?

Where to get some supervising? But all in thai-lango!

EM Kyusei

I will try to answer any question concerning EM & Neem-trees.

Would have some more to say ,but enough for now.

cheers :D