Retirement Non-O can get re-entry permit?

I can't find anything online. But, two people said to me that for the first Non-O retirement VISA I cannot leave the country and get a re-entry permit until I get the extension? Meaning, in order to keep my Non-O Retirement 90 days, I cannot leave Thailand at all, and cannot apply for a re-entry permit until after the extension is granted. True or not for Bangkok CW? I need to get home for family reasons, and this really worries me. Thanks much for your help. 

1 hour ago, DrJack54 said:

If planning to obtain a 12 month extension note that you require 15+ days remaining on your permit.

Thanks for that important point. I had been concerned about this as well and changed my return ticket to make sure I was back in Thailand earlier than 15 days before expiration. 

6 minutes ago, scoutman360 said:

Thanks for that important point. I had been concerned about this as well and changed my return ticket to make sure I was back in Thailand earlier than 15 days before expiration. 

15 days at most offices eg CW.

Check with your own office.

CM is 21.

Phuket is 15 working days etc.

BTW: If you obtain reentry permit at airport there is a service option of 200b for them to fill I'm TM8 form, provide photo etc.

Here is current thread regards reentry at BKK.

Included pics of permit desk.

https://aseannow.com/topic/1323230-re-entry-permit-at-suvarnabhumi/

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

15 days at most offices eg CW.

Check with your own office.

CM is 21.

Phuket is 15 working days etc.

The OP already has a 90-day Non-O if I'm reading his post his correctly; that being the case, OP can obtain an entry permit at anytime during

the Non-O 90-day time period (but, of course, the expiration date will match the Non-O expiration date).

Only CM 21-day time limit that I'm aware of is when one attempts to convert an exemption or tourist visa to a Non-O in country. 

Edited by CMBob

1 hour ago, CMBob said:

The OP already has a 90-day Non-O if I'm reading his post his correctly; that being the case, OP can obtain an entry permit at anytime during

the Non-O 90-day time period (but, of course, the expiration date will match the Non-O expiration date)

You are reading it correctly.

My post was incorrect. Silly error.

@scoutman360 be aware of my error. You can obtain your 12 month extension up till expiry of your current stamp

Yes you can 1000baht single entry, 3,800 baht for multiple entry, the multiple entry expires when your 12 month visa is up so if you get it 3 month into your visa runs out in 9 months

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Boedog said:

Yes you can 1000baht single entry, 3,800 baht for multiple entry, the multiple entry expires when your 12 month visa is up so if you get it 3 month into your visa runs out in 9 months

He doesn't have the 12 month extension yet so his re-entry permit would expire same day as his 90 day non-imm O date

Edited by Pattaya57

21 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

You are reading it correctly.

My post was incorrect. Silly error.

@scoutman360 be aware of my error. You can obtain your 12 month extension up till expiry of your current stamp

Acknowledged. Thank you!

• Thumbs Up 1

You cannot get a re entry permit while on a Non O Visa. I am applying for one at the moment at Chiang Mai Immigration so that I can obtain a retirement visa and I asked exactly that question.  The answer was emphatically NO!

6 hours ago, Eano said:

You cannot get a re entry permit while on a Non O Visa. I am applying for one at the moment at Chiang Mai Immigration so that I can obtain a retirement visa and I asked exactly that question.  The answer was emphatically NO!

Ask again since the answer should be yes. 

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Eano said:

Immigration handbook says differently. Criteria 2 says you must have temporary permission to stay and have a visa stamp in passport. So a non-o visa qualifies.

Screenshot_20240503_085141_Samsung Notes.jpg

Edited by Pattaya57

On 5/3/2024 at 8:55 AM, Pattaya57 said:

Immigration handbook says differently. Criteria 2 says you must have temporary permission to stay and have a visa stamp in passport. So a non-o visa qualifies.

Screenshot_20240503_085141_Samsung Notes.jpg

For those interested, today I got my re-entry permit at CW in Bangkok under a 90 day Non-0 for retirement. No questions, no issues. I had a booked appointment and was in and out in 15 minutes. Thanks for all your help!

• Thumbs Up 1