German Murdered

sriracha john

German man murdered as he interrupts thief inside his own home.

PATTAYA: -- Police from Pattaya received a report of a foreign man who had been critically injured during a house robbery and their urgent assistance was required. Police first went to the Pattaya Memorial Hospital and found doctors attempting to revive Mr. Claus Injenhart aged 73 from Germany. Unfortunately he never regained consciousness and was pronounced dead moments later.

An inspection of the body uncovered puncture wounds and a deep cut to his left side. Realizing there was nothing more to see at the Hospital, Police made their way to the man’s house, number 154/11 at the Interhouse Village in Soi Thappraya 5 in Jomtien.

Evidence of a knife attack was found along with blood stains on the stone floor. Khun Whan aged 57, Mr. Injenhart’s wife explained to Police what had happened. It begun when the couple awoke in the early hours of Friday Morning after hearing noises coming from the ground floor.

Mr. Injenhart went to investigate and found a Thai man rummaging though his possessions. He attempted to stop the thief who then produced a knife and attacked the German house owner who was left for dead by the thief who was described as aged between 20 and 25, who then fled the scene.

Police are now conducting a murder investigation in conjunction with the Germany Embassy in Bangkok.

-Pattaya City News 2005-09-10

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

German man murdered as he interrupts thief inside his own home.

PATTAYA: -- Police from Pattaya received a report of a foreign man who had been critically injured during a house robbery and their urgent assistance was required. Police first went to the Pattaya Memorial Hospital and found doctors attempting to revive Mr. Claus Injenhart aged 73 from Germany. Unfortunately he never regained consciousness and was pronounced dead moments later.

An inspection of the body uncovered puncture wounds and a deep cut to his left side. Realizing there was nothing more to see at the Hospital, Police made their way to the man’s house, number 154/11 at the Interhouse Village in Soi Thappraya 5 in Jomtien.

Evidence of a knife attack was found along with blood stains on the stone floor. Khun Whan aged 57, Mr. Injenhart’s wife explained to Police what had happened. It begun when the couple awoke in the early hours of Friday Morning after hearing noises coming from the ground floor.

Mr. Injenhart went to investigate and found a Thai man rummaging though his possessions. He attempted to stop the thief who then produced a knife and attacked the German house owner who was left for dead by the thief who was described as aged between 20 and 25, who then fled the scene.

Police are now conducting a murder investigation in conjunction with the Germany Embassy in Bangkok.

-Pattaya City News 2005-09-10

anyone knows a good bodyguard service, as I have to go to Pattaya in a few weeks, and it appears to be necessary there nowadays?

a gun would certainly be of good help, but unfortunately it is illegal to possess it, let alone use it.

anyone recalls the famous story, quite a few years ago, of a burglar breaking into a Jomtien apartment, while the owner is out, slipping on a banana skin, and badly breaking his leg - the owner comes home, calls the police, they come - and the end of the story is, that the owner has to pay for the hospital expenses of the burglar!

anyone knows a good bodyguard service, as I have to go to Pattaya in a few weeks, and it appears to be necessary there nowadays?

As you appear to be using the motto of The Companions of The Knight of the Garter. ' Honi soit qui mal y pense', maybe some of the other members of the order might wish to accompany you. Prince Charles as one of the more senior members may quite enjoy a break in Pattaya, and would I am sure be more than willing to enjoy a few Singha's down Walking Street!

Quote "The appointment of the Knights and Ladies of the Garter is in The Queen's gift (that is to say without Prime Ministerial advice). Appointments to the Order of the Garter are therefore in the same category as the Order of the Thistle, the Order of Merit and the Royal Victorian Order which are also in The Queen's gift.

Members of the Royal Family are additional to the established number of 24 Companions. The Duke of Edinburgh was created a Knight in 1947, The Prince of Wales in 1958, The Duke of Kent in 1985, The Princess Royal in 1994, The Duke of Gloucester in 1997 and Princess Alexandra in 2003."

As you appear to be using the motto of The Companions of The Knight of the Garter. ' Honi soit qui mal y pense', maybe some of the other members of the order might wish to accompany you. Prince Charles as one of the more senior members may quite enjoy a break in Pattaya, and would I am sure be more than willing to enjoy a few Singha's down Walking Street!

Quote "The appointment of the Knights and Ladies of the Garter is in The Queen's gift (that is to say without Prime Ministerial advice). Appointments to the Order of the Garter are therefore in the same category as the Order of the Thistle, the Order of Merit and the Royal Victorian Order which are also in The Queen's gift.

Members of the Royal Family are additional to the established number of 24 Companions. The Duke of Edinburgh was created a Knight in 1947, The Prince of Wales in 1958, The Duke of Kent in 1985, The Princess Royal in 1994, The Duke of Gloucester in 1997 and Princess Alexandra in 2003."

This is not to be confused with the Order of the G-String whose motto is:

Horny Soi, Kee Mao Unpantsed

CHAPEAU! Mr.Boozer - I haven't found many who know what it means, and are even better informed as I was, as I didn't know more than where it came from!

as to the crown prince, although he has a military education, I wouldn't put to much hope in him being a big help to defend, - but maybe in downing some despicable liquids! :D

:o:D:D

a gun would certainly be of good help, but unfortunately it is illegal to possess it, let alone use it.

Not true, Thais can own guns. If it's in your wife's name it's reasonable for you to have access to it and use it for self defence if someone intrudes into your home. We have two 9mm pistols and a 12 gauge shotgun, licensed and legal.

In addition I'd rather deal with the legal ramnifications of having shot a burglar than have my wife deal with getting my body shipped back to my home country.

In this country if you hear a noise DOWNSTAIRS then stay UPSTAIRS.

A Thai robber will think nothing of taking your life. In the UK they would make run for it, but not here. You may loose a few possessions, but you will have your life!

RIP to this very unlucky chap.

Not true, Thais can own guns. If it's in your wife's name it's reasonable for you to have access to it and use it for self defence if someone intrudes into your home. We have two 9mm pistols and a 12 gauge shotgun, licensed and legal.

In addition I'd rather deal with the legal ramnifications of having shot a burglar than have my wife deal with getting my body shipped back to my home country.

Hmm. And you use the gun to shoot him and then you have acted illegally. It is only the license holder who is able to use, posess or own the weapon so make sure the missus is well trained and send her in first.

I agree with that but the repercussions could be you doing time. Not such a nice prospect.

I agree with that but the repercussions could be you doing time. Not such a nice prospect.

am i the only one who thinks the wife had him killed?

Hmm. And you use the gun to shoot him and then you have acted illegally. It is only the license holder who is able to use, posess or own the weapon so make sure the missus is well trained and send her in first.

You are right ONLY the licence holder can even touch the weopon. If you touch it, it will be deemed as "Pit Mur'' (wrong hand) and you will be prosecuted. If you do fire it get your wife to fire it after you then wash your hands and make sure the missus is well briefed befor the Old Bill arrive.

Edited by mpdkorat

Hi

Reading through the posts on this site I do get the impression that most of the posters are ex-pats with a colonial type attitude.

All this talk about getting a Remington or “Dirty Harry” handgun or buckshot shotgun is a load of c***.

We are barely tolerated visitors in a foreign land that has never been colonized.

As a foreigner even having a weapon of ANY kind will get you in a load of trouble. If you want to protect your home and yourself sure get a weapon and use it but DO NOT let ANYBODY know about it.

A Thai neighbor of ours recently got into an argument with a fellow worker whom he stabbed to death. Our neighbor after spending a couple of days in jail and paying 10k is now free again. Can you imagine this happening to any Farang who killed a Thai no matter what the circumstances?

Beachcombing neighbors ain’t what they used to be. :o

:D

"am i the only one who thinks the wife had him killed?..........."

Although it does happen, robbers can kill people, too. Until there is some reason to believe that the wife was involved, it is premature and also insulting to assume that the wife was involved. I am not saying hat she was or that she wasn't, simply that we cannot jump to conclusions.

Although, I do wonder why the police met her at the house rather than at the hospital with her husband.

This kind of situation is unfortunately very real when one owns a house even a gated one.Access is not difficult for a determined and well prepared burglar.On the other hand a condo offers much better protection but a condo can never give you that homey feeling a house does.Then what is the choice? For me,mercifully, the only choice available is owning a condo although my heart aches for a house.

In a Third World Country Thailand still is, one has to minimize all possible causes of dispute, be it a neighbour who throws rubbish into your garden or for a hobo who sets camp in your backyard etc. The rule of law is still a bit lopsided at the farang's expense.

My opinion is those who seek a residence in Thailand should consider a condo if their circumstances permit it.

am i the only one who thinks the wife had him killed?

No, I think you are right

I have a dog and I doubt that anyone could get past her. She's friendly to anyone that I open the door for, but anyone trying to walk in the house--even people who she knows, don't get a warm welcome.

She also has several different barks--all quite distinguishable. One for any known person coming inside the garden, one for unknown people coming in and a different one for stray animals, such as cats or other dogs.

My point is a person wouldn't get it without a lot of warning.

Even some of the soi dogs can get protective of the people who feed them. They lay quietly in front of the gate on the road, until you try to enter--a few get upset enough to make me change my mind.

And in Phuket a foreigner is allowed a firearm but he needs the expressed permission of the Mayor/Governor, with Non imm. visa!

sad tale

my thoughts are with his family

chico...

if you are serious about hiring a bodyguard/minder i could point u in the right direction :o

i've lived in the east end of london and the east end of glasgow... i personally feel fine in london/glasgow and pattaya, i've friends who feel unsure in london/glasgow but feel fine in los :D

if u do want a minder, i can recommend my ajaarn, he's served in the thai army, fought in muay thai and now teaches muay thai at 1 of the best/toughest gyms in los....

he works in security part time :D

if u are interested give me a pm

Hi

Reading through the posts on this site I do get the impression that most of the posters are ex-pats with a colonial type attitude.

All this talk about getting a Remington or “Dirty Harry” handgun or buckshot shotgun is a load of c***.

We are barely tolerated visitors in a foreign land that has never been colonized.

What a nonsense! Human rights are global. They are valid even in Thailand.

Not having a Thai passport does not take away your rights to defend your home, your property, the life and health of your wife and children and last but not least your own life.

You should replace the "barely tolerated visitors" by "most welcome cashcows", that would be closer to the truth. And then again, all depends on you. Looking at these "visitors", well, indeed, many would be "barely tolerated" in any country.

Now if you have a house here, get some dogs, the bigger the better. That keeps 99% of the burglars out. Some might try to poison your dogs though.

"ex-pats with a colonial type attitude" wow! If someone comes in my home with bad intentions, well, no matter where I happen to live, I have the right to stop him. And this case just shows that having a "dirty harry" around is a good life insurance. This poor guy would not be dead now! Ask him about having a "colonial type attitude" or not!