Buying A Motorbike

somtaran

In most places, you don't need a work permit (I've never had one), but you almost always need an O or B visa, rather than a tourist visa.

Don't believe that you have to put it in the name of a Thai, such as your girlfriend. Not true. My bike is in my name, not my girlfriend's name. :o

Quite right PB, in fact you can get it in your name with a tourist visa although most offices will tell you that you cannot. You will need a letter of residence though from yr Embassy or Immigration.

In most places, you don't need a work permit (I've never had one), but you almost always need an O or B visa, rather than a tourist visa.

Don't believe that you have to put it in the name of a Thai, such as your girlfriend. Not true. My bike is in my name, not my girlfriend's name. :o

Quite right PB, in fact you can get it in your name with a tourist visa although most offices will tell you that you cannot. You will need a letter of residence though from yr Embassy or Immigration.

I purchased a new Honda Phantom in Phuket Nov 2005. Here on a 60 day tourist visa. Had to get address verification from Thai Immigration office on beach road. All done in one day.

P