Rats on the rampage: Infestations hit Pattaya beaches

snoop1130

13 hours ago, impulse said:

They need to tune into the YouTubes of the British guys that use night vision and pellet guns to take out rats for local farmers.  Also Aussies. 

Not many Americans.  We get to use real guns and take out feral hogs that are wreaking havoc on farms.

May become a whole new tourist thing...  Lord knows there's enough Brits and Aussies in Pattaya with special forces training.

It will never happen since this would be a job reserved for Thais only. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Here's an idea (we can monetize ANYTHING!):

Sell licenses, rent air pistols with the metal BB's, then pay a fair price for each dead rat.

YEE HAW!!!

Edited by HappyExpat57
speling [sic]
  • Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, nobodysfriend said:

Soi dogs chase and kill rats .

Not the well fed one.......cats do a better job but are less common.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Callmeishmael said:

They only sell the non-lethal traps here, so people trap rats and then release them a few blocks away.  This doesn't solve the problem, it just relocates it.

I finally solved my rat problem by acquiring a furry, purring anti-rat device!

And your rats moved next door.

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Pattaya-1-Rat-infestation-sparks-alarm-at-Pattaya-and-Jomtien-beaches-copy.jpg

The shores of Pattaya and Jomtien are under siege by a horde of unwelcome guests – rats. This alarming infestation is not just an eyesore but a significant health hazard, leaving locals and tourists in a frenzy.

The burgeoning rat population, thriving on nocturnal scavenging, is wreaking havoc, threatening the area’s cleanliness and charm.

The Pattaya City Surveillance and Rapid Response Team (SRRT) sprang into action yesterday, conducting thorough inspections and deploying rodenticides in a bid to curb this vermin invasion. The SRRT’s swift response aims to preserve the hygiene standards crucial for both residents and the influx of tourists.

Officials underscore the gravity of effective rat control measures.

“Proper disposal of carcasses is essential to mitigate health risks.”

The call to action extends to local business operators, with a focus on beach chair vendors whose cooperation is deemed vital in these efforts. Maintaining Pattaya’s standing as a top-tier tourist hotspot hinges on their active participation.

Photo courtesy of Pattaya Mail

Source: The Thaiger 2024-05-16

Get our Daily Newsletter - Click HERE to subscribe

Are there any plastic bags if garage on sidewalks? If so that contributes to problem. 

I didn't go to Pattaya but guess not because it a first class tourist place according to media and government.

21 hours ago, impulse said:

They need to tune into the YouTubes of the British guys that use night vision and pellet guns to take out rats for local farmers.  Also Aussies. 

Not many Americans.  We get to use real guns and take out feral hogs that are wreaking havoc on farms.

May become a whole new tourist thing...  Lord knows there's enough Brits and Aussies in Pattaya with special forces training.

god beware......

• Agree 2

6 hours ago, HappyExpat57 said:

Apparently not doing a good job. Probably cuz of all those idiots who feed them. Soi dogs get spoiled.

You don't seem to be the brightest candle, kill the street dogs and possibly all the snakes too, is the opposite; the rats are multiplying uncontrollably....do you understand this.....I think not really:cheesy:

• Confused 1

21 hours ago, impulse said:

and domestic maga incels get to use them for mass shootings!     thoughts n prayers amirite!

• Sad 1

Really this is news?  I spotted rats the first time I visited Pattaya beach 20 years ago.  At first I was shocked but then I went to the local street vendor nearby to get some food, and the rats were crawling all over the place.  I suddenly changed my mind.