English Commentary For World Cup

bek_mike

Hi

Like most farrang couples in Thailand, we would like to listen to the world cup games in

English - but as has already been discussed, it is not possible.

So we have solved the problem ourselves by contacting a technical firm in the UK, and just

listened to the whole of the England-Paraguay match on Radio 5 live sitting in our house in

southern Thailand.

Since the trial worked really well tonight, we are now offering this service to other

farrangs for the whole duration of the world cup. If you would like enjoy the world in

English, email us and we will send you details of how to get this service.

We are expecting a huge response to this, and they only have limited amounts of connections

in the UK, so it will be on a first come first served basis (probably around 50

connections). Please be patient with us and we will get back to everyone who emails us

within 48 hours max.

email : [email protected]

Bek and Mike

Koh Samui

I can do that too: dead easy: I just go online; with: and get the commentary in English.

I have extension leads for my high quality speakers from the computer, mute the sound on the Thai TV and thats it.

The link was talksport.net

Every game: live commentary: real time.

My commentary in English about "Soccer"? ....

Boring zzzZZZzzz :D

Just turn the sound off.They kick and run for a long time and someone wins 1-0.Big deal.At least they could give you ten points for a goal.10-0 sounds more competitive than 1-0. :o:D:D:D:D:D

I can do that too: dead easy: I just go online; with: and get the commentary in English.

I have extension leads for my high quality speakers from the computer, mute the sound on the Thai TV and thats it.

I tried to listen on talksport.net - it wouldn't broadcast in LOS!

Has something changed?

Has something changed?

me too, couldnt get it because of "contractual agreements", as the speaker said ...

any body seriously got the english commentary over talksport?!

Has something changed?

me too, couldnt get it because of "contractual agreements", as the speaker said ...

any body seriously got the english commentary over talksport?!

Well, I couldn't talksport.net to work but at the moment I am listening from the thesun.co.uk and it's perfect. Thai tv hasn't begun yet because of the news.

Dhospak 02-670 2525

Wonder if enough people ring them and ask whether somthing might happen.

They are selling english sound track to hotels a I believe B250,000 a pop.

They were on holiday today.

I'd be prepared to pay quite a bit to have English commentry at home.

Cheers

All the cable television companies are carrying it with English commentary.

Time to stick it to UBC I think. A que of disgruntled falangs have signed up to Phuket cable and Dolphin TV this week. The waiting time is about 24 hours at the moment.

Say what you like about badly managed Thai companies, they feel the pain of lost customers and I hope it is going to be a very painful experience for UBC.

2,100 baht for no sports coverage. No Rugby, no Cricket, no World Cup and their site and staff are not commenting on it. We have the dreadful Chelsea TV and Man U tv. They do seem to show a lot of coverage of the Asian 9 ball pool league though.

Thanks UBC can see that in a bar anywhere in Thaialnd.

Thai TV missed most of the Japan v Australia game. Way to go... Pissed off the brits the other night, pissed off the Ozzies tonight and no doubt piss off the Yanks when that gets underway.

Going to be hard to get customers to pay 2,100 baht when we can get full coverage for 300 baht.