Importing A Kangaroo

saraburioz

I want, or rather my wife wants, to import a kangaroo or two. Has anyone any experience in doing this, or can offer any advice?

We own nearly 5,000 rai of land in various parts of the country and she is thinking of setting up a zoo on one of the estates.

:o

'estates' ??

Well, I have been thinking the same, would love to bring one in. I had many as pets as a youngster. There are already some here, I knew someone who brought some in years ago and he said very expensive.

Anyway, how many you want, I'll have one and I know someone else who will also.

Do not get 'agile' wallabies as they are nasty little shites, best is the female grey as they are very gentle. Wallabies tend to be a bit highly strung. tree kangaroo would be good...maybe...maybe not.

Thought about that as well, I was thinking to get one of those live sheep boats and fill it with roos, keep a couple for meself and sell the rest off to farmers to start a new meat production facility. After all they farm them big rat/roo looking things.

I want, or rather my wife wants, to import a kangaroo or two. Has anyone any experience in doing this, or can offer any advice?

We own nearly 5,000 rai of land in various parts of the country and she is thinking of setting up a zoo on one of the estates.

Thanks for the laugh. :D

Very difficult from Australia. Protected species in-spite of the almost vermin status in some parts of the country.

You will need zoo status and be able to fill out lots of paperwork to keep the bureaucrats happy. Best to come to an agreement with an existing zoo / wildlife park.

If you just want a bunch of wild Aussies, put up a sign "Free VB" (or if you prefer the Northern sub-species change VB for XXXX), with some arrows pointing towards a holding yard (bar) and keep the taps full. :o

Very difficult from Australia. Protected species in-spite of the almost vermin status in some parts of the country.

You will need zoo status and be able to fill out lots of paperwork to keep the bureaucrats happy. Best to come to an agreement with an existing zoo / wildlife park.

If you just want a bunch of wild Aussies, put up a sign "Free VB" (or if you prefer the Northern sub-species change VB for XXXX), with some arrows pointing towards a holding yard (bar) and keep the taps full. :o

I haven't stopped laughing, I know millions of aussies who'll volunteer for that. Not as strange as kangaroos in Thailand...

:D

Since you are looking for only one or two of these roos, I suggest you contact Mr. Yogohari Takashi to assist you in bringing them here for you. :o

Is this a pucking fiss take? Two kangaroos = One zoo. Don't worry about providing a big parking lot or lots of refreshment stalls you won't be needing them.

Is this a pucking fiss take? Two kangaroos = One zoo. Don't worry about providing a big parking lot or lots of refreshment stalls you won't be needing them.

:o maybe with 2 kangaroos on all that land it can be a sort of african/thai/aussie safari where you can drive around for hours ( maybe in a modified camoflaged 4wd tuk tuk) hoping for a glimpse of the elusive roo. I think the annual qokka soccor match would be hit, maybe chuck in a few tassie devils for good measure?

I bought a couple of Roos over last year.

I just dressed them up in shorts,T-shirt,cap and sunnys and they flew with me economy class on Qantas.

The only thing that happened on the flight was one of the butch Qantas steward sheilas told one of my Roos to "SHUT UP AND SIT DOWN", but that could've happened to anyone.

:o maybe with 2 kangaroos on all that land it can be a sort of african/thai/aussie safari where you can drive around for hours ( maybe in a modified camoflaged 4wd tuk tuk) hoping for a glimpse of the elusive roo. I think the annual qokka soccor match would be hit, maybe chuck in a few tassie devils for good measure?

If this is not a wind up, no problems buying roo,s or wallabies,provided you can get a valid import licence, any of the reputable exotic animal traders can get them for you and providing everything is legal will deliver to your door.Nignoy

who would have thought that purchasing just two roos could have such marketing potential. It's endless. I mean, tuk tuk roo safaris, qokka soccor matches, maybe fried quokka bits and vb bbq at the zoo, and maybe we could consider a muay thai v boxing kangaroo match? Those roos would sure give the muay thai a run for their money in the leg kicking department. That sounds like an interesting zoo.

Are these post-9005-1162888322_thumb.jpg quokkas better deep fried or grilled? :D

They make great crayfish bait... so I'm told... :o

Could you ask your "source" how they run the fish hook through them? Through the eyes?

*laugingly picked out the cutest, gosh-darn-it-sweetest-looking, most huggable-looking, most innocent-looking quokka pic I could have found*

Are these post-9005-1162888322_thumb.jpg quokkas better deep fried or grilled? :D

Could you ask your "source" how they run the fish hook through them? Through the eyes?

*laugingly picked out the cutest, gosh-darn-it-sweetest-looking, most huggable-looking, most innocent-looking quokka pic I could have found*

Apparently they sit quietly at the bottom of a cray pot... on the bottom of the sea floor... irresistable to crayfish.

No hooks required.

Only joshin... it's a stock standard Western Australian cray fisherman's joke... :D

Is this a troll? or am I 'Jumping' to conclusions? :o

Apparently they sit quietly at the bottom of a cray pot... on the bottom of the sea floor... irresistable to crayfish.

No hooks required.

Only joshin... it's a stock standard Western Australian cray fisherman's joke... :D

oh ok.. thanks for the insider truth. Guess we're back to just frying small pieces of their flesh..

Thailand, 2 roos, 5000 rai, - locals would have em' skinned, boned, and eaten by the second day.

Hiding to nuthin'.

Remember that Israeli zoo back in the mid 90's where the animals were all slowly going missing?.

Name it - the local Thai construction guys were over the walls every night to find another beastie.

Excuse being to save money....................

It was in all the papers here at the time BKK Post included.

Strange - nobody blinked an eyelid or seemed remotely surprised!.

Better bring a boat load mate, they'll last longer. :o

Cheers,

Couthy.

Well many of you jest, but no reason at all why not to have one, you can own a monkey, why not a roo here.

Perfectly legitimate enquiry and I have a very large graden and would love to see a roo laying in the sun, eating the grass and playing with the kids.

Apart from the protected species thingy.

I bought a couple of Roos over last year.

I just dressed them up in shorts,T-shirt,cap and sunnys and they flew with me economy class on Qantas.

The only thing that happened on the flight was one of the butch Qantas steward sheilas told one of my Roos to "SHUT UP AND SIT DOWN", but that could've happened to anyone.

Unfortunately this loop hole has been bunged since the new dress code came into force. :o