Jump to content


Advanced Members
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Posts posted by jimn

  1. 1 minute ago, internationalism said:

    that's on departure. And is already included in PCR test for 2300b (that is now stheir special offer).

    Thailandpass won't accept it, should be a local doctor

    No its not she has provided this service to people overseas for months now. She is well known for doing this on the Facebook help groups. Personal friend of mine on Facebook.

    • Like 1
  2. On 10/10/2021 at 9:54 AM, jaiyen said:

    But they forget that to get tourists in there have to be planes flying to make it happen ! Not many airlines flying right now or for a long time into the future


    Again another uninformed answer from isolated Australia. Not many planes flying in Australia, but in the rest of the world there are many many options to fly to Thailand. Most arlines flying in and out of Thailand. BA no, EVA no and Thai limited but there are Emirates, Qatar, Etihad, KLM, Lufthansa, Finnair, Swiss, Austrian, Turkish to name a few. All operating normal schedules.

  3. On 10/13/2021 at 1:46 PM, jaiyen said:

    Thailand is getting about 10,000 new cases every day and Anutin and the PM think it is ready to open up to tourists ! Western Australia has 0, yes, ZERO, and we are not open for tourists.  I know where I want to stay.

    Pathetic statement. Australia has really c**ked up the way that covid has been handled. You cant lockdown forever. As soon as you open then you will get Covid in the country, its as simple as that. If Australia wishes to be locked down forever thats their choice. All a zero Covid policy has done is to delay the inevitable and put Australia months even years behind everyone else. They will come to regret this policy, mark my words.

  4. On 10/13/2021 at 3:45 PM, damascase said:

    If you return on Non-O plus re-entry permit: yes, you do need it, as I experienced.

    From the Embassy’s website:

    When requesting for a COE, holders of a valid Re-entry Permit (Retirement) who wish to return to Thailand using the Re-entry Permit (Retirement), are required to submit a copy of health insurance policy which covers the length of stay in Thailand with no less than 40,000 THB coverage for out-patient treatment and no less than 400,000 THB for in-patient treatment. Applicant may consider buying a Thai health insurance online at longstay.tgia.org. You may also be asked by the immigration to present the original insurance policy upon your arrival in Thailand.

    This is not needed from the UK for someone with an existing re entry permit only new Non O applications based on Retirement,although I am aware that some embassy's are requiring it for all.

    • Like 1
  5. On 10/3/2021 at 9:04 AM, beano2274 said:



    link to the latest news, Thailand will remain Red and all vaccines done in Thailand are not recognised, check the link on the 4th then you will see the updates

    This is old news from 17 Sept. Implementation was today 4 October. There is a possible Red list review this week when the government link will be updated.

  6. I assume you are not on any of the facebook help forums. It is acceptable for the flight to upload a screenshot of your intended booking. Start a booking process and take it as far as you can without paying, screenshot that and upload to the visa site. ensure it shows flight number. For accomodation screenshot your intended ASQ booking or as UJ suggested your wifes address.

  7. Looks like you are just making excuses. Many ways for you get be able to get your money to your partner without relying on the bank book. More to the point, why are you also making excuses for not coming to Thailand. It is relatively easy to come to Thailand even on a Tourist visa. Granted its a bit expensive with the quarantine and insurance. I have been in and out twice now in the past 18 months. It depends what your priorities are and seeing your partner is obviously not one of them.

    • Like 2
  8. On 8/9/2021 at 10:24 AM, yimlitnoy said:

    Thank you Ubonjoe, If I change my visa base on retirement for one base on Marriage, will it be better?  I am 70, the one year Insurance will cost $700...


    Thank you

    As UJ has said. Just use family ie Spouse as the reason to get your COE. I am on an extension of stay based on retirement and use the spouse option to get my COE. No 40k/400k insurance required only the $100k Covid insurance.

  9. 11 hours ago, DrJack54 said:

    OP, you may might keep an eye on the situation in reverse.

    Labor Party for example urging borders with Thailand to be closed. 

    Reported in Taiger and other news sources.

    That report was about 4 weeks ago. Also it was not saying borders should be closed, just suggesting Thailand should be added to the UK Red list. Since then there has been a further UK review and Thailand stayed Amber.

  10. 9 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

    Any one of the existing ones that will suit: retirement, study, elite, work, monkhood, taking care of a family member, .. 

    They are not visa's. Retirement and family member are extensions of stay, not Visa's. Not sure about the others, as far as I know you only get a visa outside Thailand.

  11. On 6/27/2021 at 5:03 PM, AliG said:

    No vaccine is required but then you would have to enter quarantine. When they allow travel to the UK from Amber list countries then you would require to be fully vaccinated to avoid quarantine. The Chinese vaccine is excluded for entry in to the EU and I cannot find any info anywhere that it is OK for entry in to the UK

    Its only a proposal by the media at this stage. Nothing been announced

  • Create New...