Jump to content


Advanced Members
  • Content Count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Posts posted by jimn

  1. If you are just talking time its easy. Going to the UK, book flight online takes minutes I recommend at this time Finnair. You need a Covid test in the 3 days before you fly. Completing the UK passenger locator form with 48 hours of flight takes minutes. Booking the 2 online Covid tests takes minutes.


    From the UK as you already have visa and re entry permit all you need is $100k Covid insurance which at this time I advise you to obtain from Thailand. Getting the COE is normally very quick maximum 3 days.

  2. There are only a few people who are actually stranded. Australians for example find it difficult to return home. For the UK it is very easy. I have a retirement extension and am married. I will get a re entry permit before I leave. I have a flight booked July 1st to October 12th with Finnair 21,450 return. All I need is a negative Covid test within 72 hours of my flight. Within 48 hours of my flight completed the UK passenger locator form and book and pay for online 2 Covid tests to complete on days 2 and 8 of home quaranrine. The price has reduced recently. Before I return I only need $100k Covid insurance and a COE. Easy

  3. 8 hours ago, Simon555 said:

    Thank you very much for your replies. It's now completely obvious to me that we will need new flights, booked at very short notice to make sure we don't get embroiled in some argument at the airport.


    The simple fact is that it would not be an issue. All direct flights to England with Emirates, Etihad and Qatar have been cancelled for sometime now from Doha, Abu Dhabi and Dubai.

  4. 5 hours ago, jaideedave said:

    It's a well known secret where I live that the local IO prefers you to use an agent. It makes their job easier. A lot of foreigners make errors/omissions etc that have to be addressed hence the agent.

    I used to do the retirement extention myself for years but after I encountered a very nasty IO one year I said never again..Hastle free now using an agent. I consider the fee the cost of living in LOS. No muss no fuss.BTW..after closely checking the stamps/signatures it's obviously the same person signing my extension every year including pre agent days...

    I use an agent and all I need is a photo, my bank book and passport. The bank  book for the 20 minute visit to the bank for the 800k to be put in and taken out. Come out the bank with photocopy of transaction and the agent takes from me and I give her 13k. Passport back next day with extension signed by the immigration head. Easy.

  5. 12 minutes ago, LarryLEB said:

    I've done all my annual retirement extensions myself:  Jomtien Office, last 10 years.


    My annual extension does not require one or two trips to Immigration; it requires THREE:

    • TRIP ONE:  Get queue number; give documents and passport; collect numbered chit for passport pickup next day (I always do trip one at around 3:00 p.m.)
    • TRIP TWO:  Swap numbered chit for passport.  Check passport for correct date of next visa extension.  Given a date-stamped document telling me to appear again in 3 months with proof that I still have at least 800,000 Baht in my account.
    • TRIP THREE:  Bring the date-stamped document and the required documents proving I still have 800,000+ in my account.

    Adding to the above the four 90-day reports, I make 7 trips to the Office each year.  (Yes, I could use the online reporting for those four, but I live only a 15-minute walk from the Office.)


    Using an agent does away with step 3 as the money is no longer there.

  6. 14 minutes ago, skatewash said:

    Interesting.  I had been given to understand that some agent-assisted extensions where obtained in a province other than where the applicant lives.  And if they tried to do it themselves at their immigration office there was an issue because their previous extension was done elsewhere.  For example, I'm thinking of the case where someone needs a Certificate of Residence, say for a driver's license, which they would need to get  from the immigration office where they live.  I understand some immigration offices will not issue a Certificate of Residence for applicants unless they have previously submitted a TM-30 at that office. 

    So where do you do your 90-Day Reports?  The province where you live or somewhere else?  What would you do if you needed to get a Certificate of Residence?

    All done in the same office. Until last year I did it myself, now agent from the same office. 90 day reports, residents permit re entry permit all done by myself in same office Jomtien in the last 12 months.

    • Thanks 1
  7. On 5/25/2021 at 4:45 PM, Pilotman said:

    Not the ones I have seen. Some dumb nonentities from Love Island who can hardly string a sentence together.   Maybe there are grades/rankings of such people. 

    They are getting sheds more money than you or I. Why are you so quick at putting people down. They are using their short term fame to its best use and make money. I do agree though its the people who are "influenced" by them are the dumb ones not the influencers themselves. They are rather clever and good luck to them.

  8. 2 minutes ago, skatewash said:

    I wonder what would happen if you stopped using an agent and decided to do it yourself?  Any problems doing that after having used an agent?

    Non at all as long as you then meet the financial requirements to do it yourself. Its all a nonsense really. The week previous to using the agent just as a test I went in armed with all the financial proof that I meet the requirements only that my money is in the UK. As expected I got refused. Used the agent 1 week later who deals with the same people and lo and behold I have my extension signed off by the big boss. Its the way it works over here, its no big deal to them or anyone in authority. They simply accept it as part of life over here.

    • Like 1
    • Confused 1
  • Create New...