Cathay Pacific Autumn Sale UK To Thailand

SheungWan

6 hours ago, steve187 said:

i have traveled with Cathay lhr/bkk a few times and the service is good, i just checked some dates - out 5th November 2017 return 2nd may 2018 £487, prem econ £1142

Cathay now more price aggressive on flights to the Far East. Not unusual now to find LHR-HKG-BKK cheaper than LHR-HKG. I usually stopover (and for that use either online multi-stop or make the phone call). However transit facilities organised well if going straight through.

I am going to Ireland next May. I normally go with Etihad. Looked them up for my May trip, even with my air miles they wanted the equivelent of 1,200 Euro.

Shopped around on the net, got my flight for 500 Euro less. Guess with who.....British Airways.

On ‎06‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 7:39 AM, steve187 said:

£487, prem econ £1142

It has been a while since I last went back to the UK but that price difference seems huge compared to what it used to be. Is this normal now or likely just because they have limited availability on premium for those dates?

1 hour ago, topt said:

It has been a while since I last went back to the UK but that price difference seems huge compared to what it used to be. Is this normal now or likely just because they have limited availability on premium for those dates?

(487/1142) The 487 is pretty cheap for CP economy. The 1142 for PE is OK for UK to BKK. Maybe in the 900s on special offer for HK. I have a Cathay LHR-HKG-BKK return flight going out end of October for 1244 pounds. Now that was a special offer when I booked it earlier in the year. It used to be about 500 pounds more.

6 hours ago, topt said:

only half of the 9 daily flights hkg/bbk have premium seats.

5 hours ago, SheungWan said:

(487/1142) The 487 is pretty cheap for CP economy. The 1142 for PE is OK for UK to BKK. Maybe in the 900s on special offer for HK. I have a Cathay LHR-HKG-BKK return flight going out end of October for 1244 pounds. Now that was a special offer when I booked it earlier in the year. It used to be about 500 pounds more.

Just done lhr/hkg/bkk was on flight #238 had a really good flight all on time,  suitcase was quick at hkg, as was immigration, i had to re check in  hkg/bkk

8 hours ago, dotpoom said:

I am going to Ireland next May. I normally go with Etihad. Looked them up for my May trip, even with my air miles they wanted the equivelent of 1,200 Euro.

Shopped around on the net, got my flight for 500 Euro less. Guess with who.....British Airways.

British Airways have had a number of computer issues resulting in many ppl stuck at airports so they are now offering very cheap flights to try and win customer base back. My friend just returned to the UK with BA and couldn't believe the cheap price.

2 hours ago, steve187 said:

Just done lhr/hkg/bkk was on flight #238 had a really good flight all on time,  suitcase was quick at hkg, as was immigration, i had to re check in  hkg/bkk

If you are doing transit no need to re-check in, but depends whether whether you want to pop into town and break the journey.

10 hours ago, Jaggg88 said:

British Airways have had a number of computer issues resulting in many ppl stuck at airports so they are now offering very cheap flights to try and win customer base back. My friend just returned to the UK with BA and couldn't believe the cheap price.

BA have long been one of the cheapest in economy from BKK to the UK. Currently, some of their best value deals are in biz from the UK to selected destinations and from European airports long/medium haul in premium economy. I've never seen decent BA deals in premium economy or biz BKK to the UK

3 hours ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Anyone got a deal on flights from Bangkok to UK (and back)?

Cathay have some Economy Save tickets BKK-HKG-LHR for 21,720 baht. I just put in the sample dates Out: Nov 16, Ret: Feb15. Same dates premium economy 55,250 baht.

Just now, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Thanks, I'll have a look.

I just checked the conditions of the Economy Save tickets. Cannot pre-book seats, so assume seat choice what's available on 48 hour check-in.

Economy Standard (can pre-book seats) price for BKK-HKG-LHR 33,190 baht. Also only 25% points with Economy Save.

3 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

Cathay have some Economy Save tickets BKK-HKG-LHR for 21,720 baht. I just put in the sample dates Out: Nov 16, Ret: Feb15. Same dates premium economy 55,250 baht.

That's a damn good price for such a quality airline. The big problem is having to go in the wrong direction and transit. before heading in the right direction. Not a big problem in biz, but makes an economy journey all the more grueling. Though I suppose that's negated if you're headed to Manchester rather than London.

2 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

I just checked the conditions of the Economy Save tickets. Cannot pre-book seats, so assume seat choice what's available on 48 hour check-in.

Economy Standard (can pre-book seats) price for BKK-HKG-LHR 33,190 baht. Also only 25% points with Economy Save.

I'll let you know when I have some dates to travel.

Good info, Cheers.

1 minute ago, Khun Han said:

That's a damn good price for such a quality airline. The big problem is having to go in the wrong direction and transit. before heading in the right direction. Not a big problem in biz, but makes an economy journey all the more grueling. Though I suppose that's negated if you're headed to Manchester rather than London.

Manchester is my preferred destination, but I will still have a long train journey in the UK.

2 minutes ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Manchester is my preferred destination, but I will still have a long train journey in the UK.

At least you can usually get a direct from the airport (not an option at LHR). though it will probably be with the godawful First TransPennine.

1 minute ago, Khun Han said:

At least you can usually get a direct from the airport (not an option at LHR). though it will probably be with the godawful First TransPennine.

Yep, you got that right! About 4+ hours.

My son might pick me up which is only two and a half hours to get home, but a long drive for him.

East coast is a joke for air travel.

:thumbsup:

6 minutes ago, George FmplesdaCosteedback said:

Oman Air seem to be the cheapest (Approx 22,500THB) to fly into Manchester in November

Flight duration doesn't look too bad either (16:05 going out, 15:00 coming back - Guys who fly into LHR will have to excuse me, I normally do SIN-MAN via DXB or FRA so 15-17 hours is ok in my book)

1 minute ago, LostinSEA said:

Oman Air seem to be the cheapest (Approx 22,500THB) to fly into Manchester in November

Flight duration doesn't look too bad either (16:05 going out, 15:00 coming back - Guys who fly into LHR will have to excuse me, I normally do SIN-MAN via DXB or FRA so 15-17 hours is ok in my book)

Thanks, I'll put them on the list. Flight time, well if it includes the stop it is very good.

7 minutes ago, LostinSEA said:

Pretty sure the MAN-SIN-MAN route has gone direct again, flying on from MAN to somewhere in the USA? Flew with them in biz a dozen years ago MAN-SIN-BKK. Just wonderful. If I won the lottery, they'd be my no brainer choice.

6 hours ago, LostinSEA said:

From what I can see, Cathay MAN-HKG-BKK straight through is 18-19 hours for best both directions. Sample Economy Save fare Out: Nov 16, Return April 26. Price: 539 pounds.

12 hours ago, Khun Han said:

Pretty sure the MAN-SIN-MAN route has gone direct again, flying on from MAN to somewhere in the USA? Flew with them in biz a dozen years ago MAN-SIN-BKK. Just wonderful. If I won the lottery, they'd be my no brainer choice.

Yes SIA have re-established the direct flights & I flew that route in May.

Was a last minute thing so had to fly the next day & be back in work asap so "Splashed out" on Premium Economy & it cost me s$3,300 (roughly 82,500 THB).

I enjoyed it, but I normally spend 1/4 - 1/2 that amount & do it in 15-17 hours... If I book early enough I can do Finnair in Business for s$3,100 (takes around 16 hours).

But SIA is a wonderful airline... miss being a PPS member with them :( 

Archived