Re Entry - Non O based on Marraige

I have posted this before two years ago but would like an update please.

I have the Non O Multi based on Marraige from Savan. Im on a 28/28 rota in Angola but always expect delays. In January when I go to work my Thai visa will expire while at work .

Whats the process to get a re entry stamp at Swampy? I did it before but forget the procedure.

How long is the re entry valid for (1 or 3 months) and does it still use 1/2 page of my passport?

Im down to 5 pages. One to enter Laos for the next non O. One for the Visa and 6 entries and exits next year. That may leave me with 2 pages and time to renew at Trendy.

As said a re-entry permit will only be valid for the remaining days left on you 90 day entry.

All you need to get the re-entry permit at Suvarnabhumi airport is your passport and 1200 baht. Wise to have one photo with you in case they have problems doing the photo.

The desk is now located after security in immigration zone 2.

Still a little over half a page.

The Re Entry Permit is valid until the end of your current permision to stay.

Thanks for the reply. I am sure I received an extra 1-3 months last time to re enter Thailand on my original Non O based on Marraige for 1000 baht? Has that changed?

2 minutes ago, baneko said:

Thanks for the reply. I am sure I received an extra 1-3 months last time to re enter Thailand on my original Non O based on Marraige for 1000 baht? Has that changed?

A re-entry permit does not give any additional days. You will be stamped to the admitted until date you have when you apply for the re-entry permit when you re-enter the country.

A re-entry permit does not give any additional days. You will be stamped to the admitted until date you have when you apply for the re-entry permit when you re-enter the country.

Thanks for the reply. What is my best option if I leave on a Non O based on Marraige - Multi Entry and it expires overseas for re entry? I will come to Thailand and then go to Savan for a new visa.

1 minute ago, baneko said:

Thanks for the reply. What is my best option if I leave on a Non O based on Marraige - Multi Entry and it expires overseas for re entry?

That depends upon how many days you will have remaining on your 90 day entry when you get the re-entry permit.

It it is too short for your trip out and then enough days to get another visa it might be best to do a border hop for a new 90 day entry before you leave.

If close (at the most 2 weeks) to the 90 days ending when you will be leaving you could also get a 60 day extension at immigration to visit your wife and then get the re-entry permit after you get the extension.

Another option would be to skip the re-entry permit and get a 30 day visa exempt entry when your return if you qualify for one.

• Like 1

That depends upon how many days you will have remaining on your 90 day entry when you get the re-entry permit.
It it is too short for your trip out and then enough days to get another visa it might be best to do a border hop for a new 90 day entry before you leave.
If close (at the most 2 weeks) to the 90 days ending when you will be leaving you could also get a 60 day extension at immigration to visit your wife and then get the re-entry permit after you get the extension.
Another option would be to skip the re-entry permit and get a 30 day visa exempt entry when your return if you qualify for one.

I would like to stay on visas if possible.

On returning from work overseas I would still have around 30 days if I get a re-entry permit. 30 days at home and 30 at work leaves 30.

I could then come into Thailand. Few days at home and up to Savan for the new visa.

Where do you get the re-entry stamp in Swampy? Is it still 1000 baht?

Thanks

20 minutes ago, baneko said:

Where do you get the re-entry stamp in Swampy? Is it still 1000 baht?

As I wrote before.

15 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

All you need to get the re-entry permit at Suvarnabhumi airport is your passport and 1200 baht. Wise to have one photo with you in case they have problems doing the photo.

It is 1000 baht plus a 200 baht service charge.

• Like 1

On 9/6/2017 at 4:39 PM, ubonjoe said:

As said a re-entry permit will only be valid for the remaining days left on you 90 day entry.

Still a little over half a page.

How does it work to get a reentry permit if you're on an extension of stay?  Do you get it at immigration?  Do you have to get it from the airport?  What documentation is required to get a reentry permit?  We were thinking about visiting where we used to live in Tokyo one of these days or go to Tokyo for the 2020 Olympics.  Or go visit home one of these days.  Of course I'd most definitely like to return to Thailand on the same extension of stay still valid.  What's the process of that?  Is it the same as you explained to the OP?  

On 9/6/2017 at 4:49 PM, ubonjoe said:

Also you are supposed to get the reentry permit before traveling outside of Thailand right?  

56 minutes ago, Jim7777 said:

How does it work to get a reentry permit if you're on an extension of stay?

You can apply for a re-entry permit on the same day you apply for your extension or at any time after that at immigration or at an airport.

TM8 re-entry permit application form copies of your passport photo page, visa. entry stamp, extension stamp and TM6 departure card. A re-entry permit can be a single for 1000 baht or 3800 baht for  multiple re-entry permit.

54 minutes ago, Jim7777 said:

Also you are supposed to get the reentry permit before traveling outside of Thailand right?  

You have to apply for the re-entry permit before leaving since it is not possible to get one on arrival in the country.

7 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

You can apply for a re-entry permit on the same day you apply for your extension or at any time after that at immigration or at an airport.

TM8 re-entry permit application form copies of your passport photo page, visa. entry stamp, extension stamp and TM6 departure card. A re-entry permit can be a single for 1000 baht or 3800 baht for  multiple re-entry permit.

You have to apply for the re-entry permit before leaving since it is not possible to get one on arrival in the country.

Thanks