Police, Military Play Hot Potato With Yingluck Complaint

snoop1130

Police, Military Play Hot Potato With Yingluck Complaint

By Asaree Thaitrakulpanich, Staff Reporter

AP17237174098954-696x449.jpg

Supporters of Thailand's former Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra dance outside the Supreme Court after Yingluck failed to show up to hear a verdict Aug. 25 in Bangkok. Photo: Wason Wanichakorn / Associated Press

BANGKOK — Police and military authorities are making contradictory statements about who will file a complaint against former Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra, who became a fugitive late last month.

Deputy police commissioner Srivara Ransibrahmanakul said Tuesday that the military would file an immigration criminal complaint against Yingluck after she fled the country last month, a claim junta spokesman Winthai Suvaree contradicted, saying the police would do so instead.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2017/09/06/police-military-play-hot-potato-yingluck-complaint/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-9-6

6 minutes ago, saakura said:

What has the army got to do with the absconding of a civilian? Army is for guarding the borders and acts on instructions from an elected government!

not here; heard a story how the thai police were started; pretty ugly even by their current low standards

2 minutes ago, saakura said:

What has the army got to do with the absconding of a civilian? Army is for guarding the borders and acts on instructions from an elected government!

Most armies act on instructions of governments but not in Thailand.  In Thailand the military doesn't take directions from the government it does as it pleases and answers to nobody and if the government doesn't do as its told the army will turn on them and eat them.  The country is currently under military rule not civilian.

6 minutes ago, Thechook said:

and answers to nobody

i believe there are real rulers in this place and they have nothing to do with the military except ordering them; the military is just a remarkably stupid operating front

Edited by YetAnother

14 hours ago, saakura said:

Silly,  the Army is in charge of everything now, from figuring out bus routes to beach chairs.  They are the intellectual and driving force of the country.  Thailand will soar to new heights do to their limiting free speech, buying unneeded military hardware and scaring away investors.     

2 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

Silly,  the Army is in charge of everything now, from figuring out bus routes to beach chairs.  They are the intellectual and driving force of the country.  Thailand will soar to new heights do to their limiting free speech, buying unneeded military hardware and scaring away investors.     

Are you serious?

14 hours ago, Thechook said:

Most armies act on instructions of governments but not in Thailand.  In Thailand the military doesn't take directions from the government it does as it pleases and answers to nobody and if the government doesn't do as its told the army will turn on them and eat them.  The country is currently under military rule not civilian.

Did you NOT read a few days ago the Prime Minister say "I DO WHAT I WANT"  ???

17 minutes ago, garbolino said:

Did you NOT read a few days ago the Prime Minister say "I DO WHAT I WANT"  ???

Could you compare and contrast that with recent elected PMs? Were they restricted by conflicts of interest, perceived corruption, even simple ethics?

2 hours ago, yellowboat said:

2 hours ago, maeab101 said:

Are you serious?

Obviously not.... the navy is in charge of deck chair placement!

3 hours ago, halloween said:

Could you compare and contrast that with recent elected PMs? Were they restricted by conflicts of interest, perceived corruption, even simple ethics?

No, they were like teenagers with a loaded Glock.   They were, however, under threat of being voted out of office, but that probably would not have happened either as the recently elected enjoyed an overwhelming dominance over their inept and timid rivals. 

Edited by yellowboat

"I can do what I want" he said last week....yep...and I want to thank you for bringing the price of the lottery tickets down to 80b...this is something all PM's should do worldwide...reduce the price of lottery tickets and bring happiness to their citizens.....:coffee1: