AIS Fibre - slow international downloads this week?

user82374298374

On the 50/20 AIS Fibre package (fastest I can get in my building), I usually get ~50mb/sec download speed from sites in Asia, & ~25mb/sec from North America.

For the last 3-4 days, I still get 50mb/sec download speeds from sites in Thailand & Singapore, but drastically reduced speeds from anywhere else in the world. My AIS PlayBox IPTV service is rock-solid.

Any impressions from other AIS Fibre customers in Bangkok would be greatly appreciated!

AIS IS AWESOME!!!  I'm so glad I dumped True and switched to AIS.  I get all the HBO channels and almost all of the American TV channels FX, Fox News, CNN, and on and on.  AIS actually has twice as many American TV channels than True EVER DID, even when they did have a contract with HBO which they lost back in January because True got greedy.  I'm actually glad that happened because AIS has SO MUCH BETTER SERVICE!  AND it's cheaper than True, for everything.  I switched everything from True to AIS, our iPhone service, our internet, and cable service EVERYTHING and that turned out to be a GREAT MOVE!  I get twice the service for half the price that True was charging us.  TRUE IS A SCAM COMPANY!  They should change their company's name from True to Lie.  

The first thing I did was switch the cable and internet service to AIS after True lost their contract with HBO and man that was a great decision I'm more than happy with the service that AIS provides.  AIS has SO MANY MORE channels than True ever did.  I couldn't even get cable service this good when we lived in Tokyo!  Before I retired I was assigned to Japan for a while.  

My wife and I both have an iPhone 6.  So then I switched our phone service from True to AIS which was surprisingly easy.  Our iPhones that we bought here in Thailand are not locked.  All I had to do was just set up our account with AIS and just simply switch out the SIM cards and then we had AIS phone service as simple as that.  The AIS internet speed is the best I've ever had anywhere in the world!  

When I closed my True Visions and True internet and phone service boy did they try to price gouge me but I wasn't having it.  I know most people probably just shut up and pay it but I refused to I fought them tooth and nail for months emailing their headquarters and arguing with people.  I had True employees telling me that it was illegal not to pay it and I still would not budge.  Eventually I won the fight with True and they came to a compromise with me.  My wife's family helped me out with it they supposedly filed some complaint with the police accusing True of trying to rip me off and in the end when I finally closed all of my True Accounts the cost to close my accounts clean got cut in half of what they were trying to charge me.  

Personally I think I still got screwed by True but at least I made them cut the cost of closing my accounts.  I don't think I should have had to pay a dime to close my True Visions account because it's not my fault that they lost their contract with HBO.  That actually brings me to another point AIS has a policy where if there's a problem that AIS can't fix you can close the account with no charge now that's the kind of honesty that "True" doesn't have.  When I signed up for True Visions I signed up for the package with HBO and Cinemax so when they lost that service they basically took the service that I was paying for and then they thought they were going to get away with billing me the same amount after taking away the service that I HAD SIGNED UP FOR.  I said "LIKE HELL YOU ARE"!  And I actually won the battle against True.  Don't let True screw you keep fighting and emailing their corporate office and at least make them work for it.  

Regardless I'm glad that happened with True because AIS is SO MUCH BETTER THAN TRUE!  They have twice as many channels a lot more American television than True ever did and the service very rarely goes out.  My DirecTV in the states used to go out more than AIS does.  The internet speed is awesome and so is the phone service.  And my bill is pretty reasonable a lot cheaper than True was for sure.  Even my wife's family decided to switch their internet service to AIS after they saw the internet speed that I have.  

When I was working in Japan I couldn't even get cable service like this.  When we retired here in Thailand I never expected to be watching American television channels.  The AIS cable service is almost as good as my DirecTV service was in the states and that's saying a lot because DirecTV was pretty good.  Although here in Thailand I also pay less than a fraction of what I paid for phone service, internet, and cable service compared to what I paid for all 3 services in the United States and especially Japan.  I had SoftBank iPhone service in Tokyo and they price gouged the hell out of me there.  And don't get me started on AT&T phone service in the states their service wasn't as expensive as Japan but it was horrible.  AIS phone service, cable service, and internet service is the best and cheapest I've ever had anywhere in the world!  Then again everything here in Thailand is cheaper.  We live like royalty here on my pension.  

IF YOU ARE READING THIS DUMP TRUE!!!  TRUE SUCKS!!!  SWITCH TO AIS!!!!!!!  Trust me you will be very glad you did especially if you want American Television!  Even if you don't care about American television their overall service is much better and cheaper.  AIS internet speed is much faster their phone service is great and it's all cheaper.  And of course if you want American television channels AIS has almost all of them including UK Television channels and a few Japanese channels as well.  Switching to AIS was a great decision, True is worthless and I hope True gets bought out by AIS or put out of business.  I remember when we first visited here when I was assigned to Tokyo, True was like the number one company back then MOST DEFINITELY NOT ANYMORE!  

I think what happened with True was they got greedy and wanted more money from HBO and HBO said fine bye bye, and AIS was there to take the contract for a lot less money and they offer a much better service for half the price that True was charging us.

Like I said if you're reading this I highly recommend dumping True and switching to AIS.  I know this seems like free advertisement for AIS but they deserve it.  AIS has been really good to us.  With AIS I don't even have to download my favorite TV shows off the internet I can watch them on AIS as if I were in the states.  

In fact speaking of that does anyone know when Homeland Season 7 premieres?  Homeland is really the only TV show that I actually keep up with and watch religiously, it's fiction but it's somewhat realistic from my own personal experience in my former career.  A lot of the stuff that they depict in the TV show actually does go on in real life in the Intelligence Community.  Although the end of Season 6 was really far fetched and turned into a big conspiracy theory, unfortunately though in this day and age I could see something at least close to that actually happening in the United States today.  The show is pretty far fetched but a lot of the little things they depict in it as far as how they operate is pretty close to real life.  

So anyway does anyone know when Homeland Season 7 premieres?  I don't think that show will last more than a few more seasons.  That show sure does know how to leave off with a major cliffhanger, I've never been addicted to a TV show before but I need to see how it turns out.  Personally I was surprised to see a season 4, I figured the show would end after season 3 when the original main character was hung by a crain in Iran.  Can't wait to see Season 7!  I'm trying to find out when it premieres.  

On 9/14/2017 at 9:37 PM, richy2201 said:

I'm cancelling TRUE for various reasons next week. Have been with them for 2 years on same contract (internet/phone/Cable). Can any TV member advise what I should be paying to cancel - 1 month? Thanks

If I remember correct, you will have to pay for the length of the entire contract. 

I have once cancelled my postpaid phone contract and got charged 10,000 baht. Good luck!