finishing nails

canopy

Not looked for them abiIt old school I use nail guns that being said I can only find 18g nails no 16g did find something almost but jams in gun not a hope with angled nails . If you don't want to by a compressor there is a handy alternative called Jacpac a co2 canister hangs on your belt

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

9 hours ago, builder said:

Not looked for them abiIt old school I use nail guns that being said I can only find 18g nails no 16g did find something almost but jams in gun not a hope with angled nails . If you don't want to by a compressor there is a handy alternative called Jacpac a co2 canister hangs on your belt

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Is the jacpac available here.......its a stupid question isnt it, I know?

Answer: amazon has a great selection of finishing nails including stainless steel, coated, different gauges, lengths and shipping to Thailand.

Rant: Definitely do not want a compressor and/or a pin nailer which are all the rage now--pin nails are too weak and are not a substitute for finishing nails in most cases. Would consider an expensive battery pack powered brad nailer like Makita because no compressor is needed and brads offer at least some holding power. But I really want some cheap, traditional, strong, easy to use finishing nails. I am astonished to learn such a cheap and easy technology is apparently not used in Thailand. I guess they just don't mind big, ugly, rusty nail heads showing all over the place.

I agree than the thinner pin nails used in a nail gun are weak on their own but did you see how many will be fired into a piece of cladding....dozens

its a toy they like the sound of...obviously

Having said that, the gun takes the head below the surface and its gone, often not even a hole to fill and with dozens injected I think it will be adequate for most fixing applications.

The guage is often thinner than a  nail so there is less liklihood of splitting timber ends

I have  used them and want to buy my own but its the size of the damn compressor that puts me off plus its price tag

May be of interest they have electric pin nailers at the big hardware stores. They cost much more than compressed air types, but you don't need a compressor. Then there are battery powered nailers which cost not much more than electric ones. I have done some reading about the different types of small nails available today. I did not see any suggestions to just put in a lot of pin nails to achieve adequate strength. Typically pin nails or even brads are used only to hold work pieces together long enough until the actual fasteners / glues can be installed. The tiny hole left from pin hole nails is a definitely a plus, but for me robustness of the finished product is more important.

Archived