September 10, 20179 yr Hi all, I am indonesian and currently work in thanaleng border Laos with having stay and work permit in laos but I would like to stay in nong khai Thailand, as of more close to my workplace instead of stay in vientiane city, how the procedure? What document should I prepare?
September 10, 20179 yr Probably a thicker passport to handle all those exit & entry stamps (4/day) for starters.
September 10, 20179 yr I cannot think of any practical way to do it. Commuting across the border every day would not be easy. Since you are limited to 2 visa exempt entries per calendar year that would not be an option. The only way I know of that you could do would be to get a multiple entry tourist visa that would allow unlimited 60 day entries for 6 months from the date of issue.
September 10, 20179 yr Author I see laotian who work in thai or vice versa just gave a piece of papper to the imigration officer to enter, is it applicable for me as indonesian too? If crosing the border everyday and need stamp everyday that would be full of stamp in my passport within 2 months, any other option for me?
September 10, 20179 yr Laotians and Thais can get border passes. You do not qualify for them. You would have to use your passport.
September 10, 20179 yr Author Actually I have step family stay in nong khai they are thai, can I get stay permit if the family became sponsored for me? Edited September 10, 20179 yr by Rickyfransiscus
September 10, 20179 yr 2 minutes ago, Rickyfransiscus said: Actually I have step family stay in nong khai they are thai, can I get stay permit if the family became sponsored for me? The only extension of stay possible is one based upon marriage to a Thai or being the parent of one. Or if one your parents was Thai.
September 10, 20179 yr 51 minutes ago, Rickyfransiscus said: Ok thank you I got the solution now cheers So, you gonna get married or just get her pregnant?
September 10, 20179 yr 3 hours ago, ubonjoe said: Laotians and Thais can get border passes. You do not qualify for them. You would have to use your passport. A (not totally reliable) source told me once that the requirement for a Lao border pass at Nong Khai was only that you must be a Nong Khai or Vientiane resident, and there is nothing in the rules that says you must be a Thai or Lao citizen, though that would be normal. It might be worth investigating.
September 10, 20179 yr 1 minute ago, BritTim said: A (not totally reliable) source told me once that the requirement for a Lao border pass at Nong Khai was only that you must be a Nong Khai or Vientiane resident, and there is nothing in the rules that says you must be a Thai or Lao citizen, though that would be normal. It might be worth investigating. Border passes for Thais (don't know about Laotians) are obtained using the Thai I.D. card. What I.D. will a Lao WP holder holding Indonesian citizenship have to satisfy the requirements to gain a border pass?
September 10, 20179 yr 4 minutes ago, BritTim said: A (not totally reliable) source told me once that the requirement for a Lao border pass at Nong Khai was only that you must be a Nong Khai or Vientiane resident, and there is nothing in the rules that says you must be a Thai or Lao citizen, though that would be normal. It might be worth investigating. I think they meant only a Thai or Laotian could only get one if they were resident in those cities which is wrong for Thais and I think it is the same for Laotians. They don't have to be a resident there to get one. I can though recall reading years ago that that a permanent resident of Thailand can also get a border pass.
Create an account or sign in to comment