Three Helmet-less Students Hide Licence Plate With Sandal Get Arrested After Police Investigation

snoop1130

Three Helmet-less Students Hide Licence Plate With Sandal Get Arrested After Police Investigation

by CityNews

3-on-a-bike.jpg

CityNews – Chiang Mai traffic police have summoned three students who were captured on a newly installed traffic violation CCTV camera going three on one bike, helmet-less and covering up the licence plate with a sandal.

Chiang Mai Traffic Police have installed roughly 300 CCTV cameras designed to capture traffic violators remotely, specifically focusing on bike riders without helmets. They have been publishing these photos on their Facebook page to identify the systemic problem with helmet-less riders.

Full Story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/three-helmet-less-students-hide-licence-plate-with-sandal-get-arrested-after-police-investigation/

changmainews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Chiang City News 2017-9-11

Great news, get more cameras operating and remove the idea that riding without a helmet will go unpunished, don't need big fines, community service picking up litter for example! Just to make people aware it is not cool to ride without a helmet.

I've seen twice, a more successful version of rear plate obscuring

A stock google shot, below:

59b67351ed82e_motorcyleplanker.jpg.5cc3c47fa49af0417d2436c75b71e871.jpg

p.s. the real ones I saw though were more effective, as the 'asian' riders at that time were shorter, & actually obscured their plates)

it was one of these perps which took me out whilst I was on my treddlie, years back...

15 hours ago, 473geo said:

Great news, get more cameras operating and remove the idea that riding without a helmet will go unpunished, don't need big fines, community service picking up litter for example! Just to make people aware it is not cool to ride without a helmet.

Totally agree.. but would like to see the motorcycle impounded until the community service was successfully completed.

14 hours ago, tifino said:

I've seen twice, a more successful version of rear plate obscuring

A stock google shot, below:

59b67351ed82e_motorcyleplanker.jpg.5cc3c47fa49af0417d2436c75b71e871.jpg

p.s. the real ones I saw though were more effective, as the 'asian' riders at that time were shorter, & actually obscured their plates)

it was one of these perps which took me out whilst I was on my treddlie, years back...

A stock shot evidently not in LoS. It shows an 'L' plate.

The helmet issue again...

Let them endanger themselves if they prefer to do so. Much more important to check their driving habits, knowledge of traffic rules, lights, brakes, mirrors and documents.

When I hit a biker at night without lights and drunk it doesn't really matter if he wears a helmet or not.

A friends daughter (18 years) lost a foot in a bike accident. Next time I saw her riding four on a bike. I checked the bike: no mirror, no hand brake, no lights, chain never lubed, rear brake hardly working. They just couldn't care less.

Now, let's not start another endless thread about Thai drivers and their mindset.

39 minutes ago, maximillian said:

The helmet issue again...

Let them endanger themselves if they prefer to do so. Much more important to check their driving habits, knowledge of traffic rules, lights, brakes, mirrors and documents.

When I hit a biker at night without lights and drunk it doesn't really matter if he wears a helmet or not.

A friends daughter (18 years) lost a foot in a bike accident. Next time I saw her riding four on a bike. I checked the bike: no mirror, no hand brake, no lights, chain never lubed, rear brake hardly working. They just couldn't care less.

Now, let's not start another endless thread about Thai drivers and their mindset.

Totally agree. If they want to risk their life then let them do it. Up to them. If they drive in a manner dangerous to others, then pick them up and throw the book.

Edited by Bangkok Barry

18 hours ago, trogers said:

More effective to fine the driver 3 times, while letting the two pillion riders go free.

Fine all three for no helmets

Fine all three for overloading

Fine the back passenger for deliberately covering the registration plate, and the other two for being accessories to that act

Oh how the money rolls in

Just a very rare hope that those newly installed cameras incorporate sound recording ability.  Then just maybe someone will get the bright idea to go after the morons who are gutting their mufflers and racing around before dawn as well as at other times..... don't they need proper mufflers to pass inspection each year???

Yes cameras everywhere but not sure how the poor Thais will get the message. If they can't afford to pay the fines they will never learn and I doubt they will get arrested and do prison time.  

So will it work ? For some maybe but the problem with helmless riders will not go away . 

Yes Gonzo they do, but you will probably find they just swap out the muffler for the inspection and then change it back afterwards.

The reason why they want to make so much noise?..... to make up for an apparent small appendage.  A replacement form of masculinity for those that arent sure what I mean.

When I lived in Hillside 4 there use to be a group that would use Huay Keow Road as a racing strip late at night or around 3am. Generally they were cut down jap scooters with either a straight pipe and/or no baffles in the muffler/silencer.  I was so tempted to string a wire across the road at about neck height but that may have voided my visa.

Unless the BiB get off their chuff I dont believe much will change anytime soon.