Replacement Driving Licence

I recently had to replace a lost driving licence. In order to perhaps save others from wasted trips - here is what it takes.

First some advice advice - make a copy of your driving licence. This makes the process easier when you apply for the replacement. You apply at the transport office in Lipa Noi.

You will then need -

• Original passport plus a copy of the details and latest visa pages.
  • Original work permit plus a copy of the page with the details, latest update and the page with your address on it.
  • If you do not have the work permit, then a letter from immigration confirming your address. (You will need a photo for the letter. Cost of letter -  500 baht.)
  • 115 baht being the cost to replace the licence.

I also took my housebook and International Driving Permit with me but these were not needed. I did not have to re-sit any of the tests.

You can apply for the replacement licence any time before 11.00 and again, after lunch and before 15.00. It was much quieter in the afternoon. There is a queueing system with numbers in the morning.

Edited by Tropicalevo

11 hours ago, StevieAus said:

I wonder if it's the same requirement in every province as other Departments particularly Immigration have different rules

Good tip about the photo copy will do it now

Probably not.

Best to either phone or visit the centre where the driving licence was obtained and ask what they require for a replacement. 

23 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

No police report needed? 

I was told by friends that I would need a police report, but the guy at the counter didn't even look at it. He seemed happer with the photcopy of the lost licence - but maybe a good idea to take a police report. I probably should have included that. Thanks for reminding me.

I was sent away to get all of the correct copies and original documents! :sad: Took two trips in all

Definitely did not need a medical.

Replacement licence still has the original expiry date. 2019 in my case.