Mother confesses to Bangkok police: ‘I strangled to death my autistic daughter’

webfact

Mother confesses to police: ‘I strangled to death my autistic daughter’

By The Nation

62067dda1317ce8f35cfa2357097c263.jpg

BANGKOK: -- A single mother told police she strangled to death her 15-year-old autistic daughter on Monday because she could not afford to look after her.

Lieutenant Ukrit Suthirapong, deputy inspector of Thung Song Hong Police Station, went to an apartment rented by Yolawadee Suasermsiri, 52, in front of Klong Prem Central Prison after she called the station at about 3am.

Ukrit and officers from the Central Police Forensic Science Division and officials of the Poh Teck Tung Foundation found Yolawadee sitting and crying beside the body of her daughter.

The woman told police that she quit her job as a maid on Monday and strangled her daughter with a piece of cloth at about 9am that day. 

She said she slept beside the body and when she woke she drank three bottles of beer and took Diazepam pills in the hope of killing herself, but she vomited.

Yolawadee said after her husband died of lung cancer three years ago, she alone was responsible for caring for her daughter.

She said she had become stressed and took two Diazepam pills a day to sleep.

She said her daughter could not take care of herself and often left the apartment, so she had to locked her in when she went to work.

Yolawadee admitted she had considered killing her daughter for some time.

She said her daughter had attended Wat Mahabutr Primary School but stopped going because of her mental disorder and had been treated at the Rajankul Institute since 2006.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30326462

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-09-12

This is truly heartbreaking. The poor woman to get to that stage to kill her own daughter....RIP little one and hope mum gets some help. I know it's horrible to take someone's life but unless you walk in someone else's shoes you just don't know how it is..... so so sad

Such a sad and tragic story, i feel for the mother, she must have been seriously depressed to have done such a thing.

A big problem here there is no proper care given to help such people.

The attitude here is, keep your disabled/ mentally deficient kids at home out of sight.

Come on Prayut forget your bloody submarines and use the money to provide care in the community.

Mother who strangled to death autistic daughter is psychiatric hospital patient 

By The Nation

BANGKOK: -- A mother who strangled her autistic daughter to death is a patient at the Prasat Neurological Institute, Metropolitan Police Bureau commissioner Lt-General Sanit Mahathavorn said on Tuesday.

Yolawadee Suasermsiri, 52, called police to arrest her at her rented apartment in front of Klong Prem Central Prison early Tuesday morning after she killed her daughter on Monday morning.

Sanit said judges would decide whether to take into account Yolawadee’s medical history.

Yolawadee told police she killed her daughter because she could not afford to take care of her.

Sanit said the mother had a patient ID card issued by the institute in 2014. An appointment card states that she is scheduled to meet a psychiatrist on January 18, he added.

Yolawadee said she tried to kill herself by consuming Diazepam pills with beer but she vomited.

Sanit said police would check how many pills she took.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30326475

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-09-12

3 hours ago, Jennyau said:

This is truly heartbreaking. The poor woman to get to that stage to kill her own daughter....RIP little one and hope mum gets some help. I know it's horrible to take someone's life but unless you walk in someone else's shoes you just don't know how it is..... so so sad

I cannot, and never would, claim to have walked "a mile in their shoes" (of the Thai people I know).

The short distance that I have walked with them has been more than enough.

Edited by Enoon

4 hours ago, colinneil said:

Such a sad and tragic story, i feel for the mother, she must have been seriously depressed to have done such a thing.

A big problem here there is no proper care given to help such people.

The attitude here is, keep your disabled/ mentally deficient kids at home out of sight.

Come on Prayut forget your bloody submarines and use the money to provide care in the community.

Whilst agreeing wholeheartedly with your sentiment (especially your last sentence).... this raises the whole nanny state issue debate, and as you know, many posters are vehemently against this.

personally, I feel that there should be some middle ground in this debate, as highlighted by this tragic set of events... but how to achieve it, when the authorities can't even cover an open manhole on a busy street, is the burning question, in a Mai pen rai society.

its been an interesting ten years for me, starting out with a new life in an exotic paradise, but it's degenerated into a depressive existence due to stupidity and... well... and everything, so 2018 will see my arse moving back to aunty australia. The food is about the only thing I'll miss, I think.

My thai B-in-law has a severely disabled son. He needs 100% care.   He and his wife are poor and get 600 baht a month to care for him. The day will come when they can no longer cope either ....... it will end up destroying them all.