90 days report - have I got it wrong ?

I was under the impression that if you did your 90 days report early, by up to 15 days or late by 7 days , it wouldn't change the date of your next report.

Or have I got it all wrong !!

Due to me leaving the country frequently I have only done 2 x 90 days report.

For example :

I arrived Thailand 21st June 2017, giving me a 90 day report date of 18th Sept.

I did my 90 days report today and got a next report date of 10th December 2017 ( 90 days from today ), whereas I was expecting a date of 16th December !!

Is this correct ?

Maybe you were thinking of extensions of stay. If you get an extension early, the (new) extension starts from the day your current permission/extension ends, so you lose nothing by doing it early.

No, I was really thinking of 90 days report, I'm a year off doing my first extension, I was having a senior moment ( actually a lot longer than a moment [emoji51]).

I've been coming and going since August 2015 on a non imm B and tourist visas, but now on an O-A since last October. What with the odd job and visiting my elderly father today was only my second 90 day report.

Anyway, thanks for the heads up about the extension.

The Nakhon Sawan Immigration Office always used to date the 90 day renewal from the date of the expiry of the last report, but while in Hua Hin/Cha-am for the past 5 years, the Hua Hin Office and recently the Phetchaburi Office have always dated it from the date of application, so it is normal to "lose" a few days. particularly with postal applications.

The on-line reporting has never worked for me, which causes the Immigration Officers to smile in sympathy.  After all, the system has only been available (in theory) for about two and a half years.  Obviously, "Thailand 4.0" will sort this out. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wgdanson said:

Do it late next time to get a few days extra.

Be careful you don't end up with a 'short 90 day report time' near to when your extension renewal is due.

As an example, my extension renewal is due on the 18th March each year which means I can renew it after the 16th February. About three years ago my 90 day report was due on the 6th February which meant I had to do the report before I could renew my extension and only had about 5-6 weeks left on the existing extension. So that meant the 18th March then became my next 90 day report date. 

Since then I've used the 90 Day report flexibility to ensure I can manipulate the report date to fall within the 30 day window for my extension renewal, enabling me to do the extension first and 90 day report second. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, wgdanson said:

Do it late next time to get a few days extra.

What does it matter, since it has no bearing on your visa? I post in my completed form with passport copies and SAE two weeks before the due date and get the new notification in about ten days. Been doing for 15 years, no problems. Every year go to Chaengwattana for my yearly, which is getting simpler (and friendlier).

Hitch-hiking on the 90 day reporting, if I may! The Bluport office in Hua Hin is amazing! Comparing and contrasting with the Soi 19 immigration office, the service and assistance at Bluport is a 10 on scale. Congenial and friendly service actually taking the time to explain any challenges.   The customer service board there was awash with kudos!

• Like 1

23 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

The majority of immigration offices count the 90 days from the date you do the report. So what was done is normal.

I did a ninety day clock in yesterday 12 Sept at Jom Thien  was due on the 24 Sept, next clock in 10th Dec so Joe you are correct!