Thai tourists warned of Dutch ban on Ya Hom powder 

webfact

2 hours ago, Thian said:

I guess you're right, tigers and elephants are highly protected in the Netherlands. I believe this more than the plants Rob is writing about.

But it must be expensive powder if it's made from those animals? And why don't they warn Chinese tourists to not bring it? Is it mostly sold in Thailand?

well hard to say why...but by experience IMHO customs/authorities in certain countries seem more tolerant with tourists then with their own citizens regarding certain import regulations; and one can understand such tolerance.

3 hours ago, Thian said:

I guess you're right, tigers and elephants are highly protected in the Netherlands. I believe this more than the plants Rob is writing about.

But it must be expensive powder if it's made from those animals? And why don't they warn Chinese tourists to not bring it? Is it mostly sold in Thailand?

And so they should be. How many elephants or tigers do you see roaming around the Netherlands?

Edited by gandalf12

1 hour ago, observer90210 said:

well hard to say why...but by experience IMHO customs/authorities in certain countries seem more tolerant with tourists then with their own citizens regarding certain import regulations; and one can understand such tolerance.

Any idea why ? Democracy !

They cannot do anything against tourists because unlike thailand don't jail people in EU if they do not have money to pay a fine (or pretend that they don't have).

So most of the time tourists can just go !

4 hours ago, observer90210 said:

If I can read?...:cheesy:...ok so you did get offended with my previous post comment....but you did not catch the point...well to answer you, perhaps some cannot read but worse is that some cannot think!! (the sun glasses maybe)

Consider all those cosmetics, mostly the anti ageing that are fully legally and openly sold in the west, that contain high concentration of animal cells that are taken from animals who are bred and killed for cosmetic purposes...of course the pharmas deny any form of cruelty, but the point is there..and one could go on and on with similar issues....but of course it is easier for the dutch to ban a powder from China then to ban something from a powerful western pharma group that bribes its way through european laws.

Regarding the dutch hardcore drug open supermarket?...is it better to protect and prevent a society from becoming a world class junkie enivronment or it is more an urgent issue to ban a powder that contains components from tigers and elephants? I love animals so please don't twist once again what I am saying, but I feel that humanity does deserve equal care to be preserved just like the animals do!

Animals are not equal to humans. They have no duties or responsibilities thus they have no rights. The Dewey eyed sentimentalists and anthropormirphics fools who support animals rights are terrorist supporters who value animal life higher than humans. The case for protecting animal and plant life is that in the long term they might serve the human species thus biodiversity is to protected but spare me from infantile animal lovers whose campaigns include anti milk- trauma to cakes!..Anti honey...exploitation of workers bees! Anti silk...Cruelty to silk worms! Dont get me started on the anti dog eating trade...and anti shark and dolphin eating campaigns. What a bunch of blithering idiots.

16 hours ago, observer90210 said:

How nice....but what a strange restriction comming from a country where public recreationnal drug consumption is liberal...

in other words, ok if you carry and consume small amounts of lethal drugs like ecstasy or cocaine, but beware if you carry traditionnal medicine for your health!

No offence please to my dear dutch friends:thumbsup:

FYI it is now only dutch people that can buy drugs legally in the netherland...