Thip Condo In Jomtien (or Similar)

Stekmer

After visiting Jomtien Beach twice a year for the past 15 years I'm starting to think about buying a Condo with a longer time view of semi retirement. I'm heading back there again in early March

I have noticed some sub 1,000,000 baht studios in Thip Condos plus a lot in Majestic Condos.

Does anyone have any recent experience of Thip Condos - ie management, maintenance, utility fees etc, etc? The location is near where I usually stay (Theinthong Condos / Surf Beach Hotel etc)

My head is still locked between buying and renting so any general tips, stories or comments about the hazards would be greatly appreciated. I've done some reading on the laws around foreign ownership etc but some tales based on first hand experience would be great.

Thanks in advance

:o

After visiting Jomtien Beach twice a year for the past 15 years I'm starting to think about buying a Condo with a longer time view of semi retirement. I'm heading back there again in early March

I have noticed some sub 1,000,000 baht studios in Thip Condos plus a lot in Majestic Condos.

Does anyone have any recent experience of Thip Condos - ie management, maintenance, utility fees etc, etc? The location is near where I usually stay (Theinthong Condos / Surf Beach Hotel etc)

My head is still locked between buying and renting so any general tips, stories or comments about the hazards would be greatly appreciated. I've done some reading on the laws around foreign ownership etc but some tales based on first hand experience would be great.

Thanks in advance

Why Jomtien over Naklua or Pattaya? Just curious. :D

Thanks in advance

Why Jomtien over Naklua or Pattaya? Just curious. :D

I quite like the feel of Jomtien - quieter, good walking path along the beach and all the facilities I need without the hustle and bustle.

I know Thip Condo block as I had a mate who lived and owned a place there. As a condo it seemed ok, has pool and is in a fairly quiet location. His was a smaller condo, can't remember the exact size but I think around that 28 sqm.

He paid 580,000 baht for it about 7 years ago and then he sold it it 5 years later for the same price. It took him a while to offload it. I don't know if the price has jumped since then.

He did something I thought was a bit strange, sometimes he would rent it out to farangs for 6,000 baht a Month and then rent a room for himself in Pattaya proper for 5,000 baht a Month.

Renting or buying is a personal choice, I just prefer to rent and keep my money working for me in my home Country. If it is a lifestyle thing and something you want to do up and call it a place of your own then buying might be the better option for you, good luck.

Have you considered renting there for a few months.

Then you will know whether you like it or not :o

Naka.

A great suggestion Naka.

Unfortunately I only get there a couple of times a year for a week or so at the most on each trip.

I'm hoping to be able to spend several months each year over the next 5 or so years ..... struggling with wanting something sooner than that - but - not wanting to be impulsive and make a descision that I'll regret.

I have a couple of mates that own condos in thip.

they have been trying to sell them now for about 6-8 months

with no luck.

maybe it is the price they are asking but

i really think that overall

the managerment is poor with no maintaince being done.

no painting etc the guard lets anyone in when he is not asleep

pool upkeep is not worth talking about,

if you have a phone line you need pay office rates(as you go through there switch board)

which means they can listen in.

they turn over office staff at a great rate.(not sure why)

most don't speak much english.

so they are some of the grips i see with the place.

i would advise you lok at view talay1, you could still pick one up there for about 1 mil if you look around and take your time.

better location for baht taxi to pattaya, 300m walk to beach, low maintaince fees annually (3600 baht) pool is great,

nice cosy shop one ground floor etc

anyhow good luck

ps no i don't own a condo in view talay 1, I have one in view talay 2.

with no luck.

if you have a phone line you need pay office rates(as you go through there switch board)

i would advise you lok at view talay1, you could still pick one up there for about 1 mil if you look around and take your time.

better location for baht taxi to pattaya, 300m walk to beach, low maintaince fees annually (3600 baht) pool is great,

anyhow good luck

Thanks chris2155

Exactly the type of information I was after.

Have your mates had any difficulties or concerns regarding the electricity and water fees?

Cheers

I have a couple of mates that own condos in thip. they have been trying to sell them now for about 6-8 months with no luck.
I sold 4 in there last year, but if you ask twice as much as its worth your not going to sell it. If your friends want to sell at the market rate then PM me I will buy them. But, I am sure the condos your talking about are so over priced they will never sell them or wait for 3 years like the Thai's do for the market to go up and their condo to appreciate and then hear them say "I told you my condo was worth that.

You can get your own direct line.

they turn over office staff at a great rate.
Your right about that, it is because it is one of the few buildings in a good location, near the beach that you can still buy in your own name for under a million.

Good luck getting one in VT1 for under a million in your on name. Not going to happen.

VT2 is a much better building than VT1 or Jomtien Thip.

they turn over office staff at a great rate.
Your right about that, it is because it is one of the few buildings in a good location, near the beach that you can still buy in your own name for under a million.

I can't see why a good location should cause a great turn over of the office staff in the condo :o

More likely they are quitting because they have to much hassle with owners complaining about things not being done.

(I don't know Thip Condo so I could be wrong but this seems to be the case based on other posters comments)

can't see why a good location should cause a great turn over of the office staff in the condo huh.gif

More likely they are quitting because they have to much hassle with owners complaining about things not being done.

There has been no turnover of the office staff for the last year and a half.

The View Talay 2 condos have so far been very well managed with maintenance fees that actually seem too low for what you get. For a studio, I think you are talking at least 1.5 million baht though. I have bought into here but have no regrets and would do so again.

VT 2 is a very nice complex and has been the number one place to live in Jomtien for a while. I think that is going to change to VT5 and VT3 though. Personally I like VT 3 the best, although it is not on the BAHT bus route the buildings are far smaller and there fore much quite and right at the beach. As my Italian friend likes to say, “You’re not living in a hospital.”

The management at VT 2 is the original builders, which pulled out of VT 1 because of the complaints for the owners on their management. The new management at VT 1 has done a much better job.

Are the fees at VT 2 still 300 BAHT a month? If they are its really not enough to maintain the building up to Western standards. At VT 5 and VT 3 they are now charging 500 BAHT a month and collecting a sinking fund of 10,000 BAHT on each purchase. I think this should help them maintain the buildings to a much higher standard than they did at VT 1.

As far as 1.5 for a unit, buy as many as you can that are in a foreign name that is reasonably well renovated. The market value is 1.8 to 2.0.

The current fee at VT 2 is the super low 300 baht a month per room as you say. Very low of course, but I haven't noticed any breakdown in maintenance at this point.

I agree the buildings look ugly but if you don't wish to have a vehicle, the easy access to baht bus routes is quite a great feature. I agree 1.5 would be a steal for a foreign owned well done unit, especially on a higher floor.

Edited by Jingthing

• 1 year later...

with no luck.

anyhow good luck

Although this post is a bit old I thought I would set the record straight with regard to the misleading comments made above about Thip Condo where I have lived for two years.

The misleading nature of nearly every item above can be characterised by the fact that at Thip Condo if a telephone line is available from TOT or TT&T you can have it installed with the usual 500thb charge to connect it to your room from the frontboard and have your own telephone line direct with the exchange and pay your bill to TOT or TT&T direct.

It is very clear that the author of the above does seem to have some "grips" (sic) with Thip Condo which probably accounts for the non sense he has written.:o

In the price range you mentioned:

Look at Park Lane on Soi Watboon in Jomtien, 50 meters from the beach.

About 1 - 1.2 M for 34 meters new buildings going up.

Another place

Mountain Sea View Condos (or something like that)

You cannot see the mountains, may the sea a little (800 meters from the beach and 300 meters up another Soi, but for 32 meters, 880,000 baht, it is very reasoably priced.

PM me for details if you like