Nirun Condo

Vespa

Total scuz pit. Middle of nowhere. Need directions written in Thai for a motorbike taxi. Home to a large number of potless drunken falangs who are one medical bill away from being deported. Dangerous after dark and not that safe in daylight.

Nearly all units tiny studios of Thai build quality. When you say 'deal' then whilst absolutely no one should be buying anything in Thailand at this moment in time if it is more than 700,000 baht for a studio in foreign name then it is no deal at all.

Avoid unless you are seriously on your uppers. If you buy expect not to be able to re-sell except for pennies. If you must give the estate agents a miss and just wander round the building looking for the multiple 'condo for sale by owners' notices that cover the walls.

(cue our resident estate agents to tell us the property market in Pattaya is booming we had all better get in quick and Nirum 'offers value for the discerning clients')

I didn't know what "Scuzzy" meant so I looked it up:

dirty, grimy, sordid, or repulsive; disgusting.

I have never lived there but I lived nearby, I don't think that as an area it's much worse than anywhere else in Pattaya. From what I have read on TV over the past year you can buy a studio for 300,000 baht up in that block, for that you get nothing inside, not even cable TV connection. Do a search on TV and you will see previous threads on this complex.

I would tend to disagree with Tarqin regarding lighting and motocy knowledge. Soi Arunothai (where it is located) is a well lit up road. I use to catch a song tao to Carrefour and walk back home and never had a problem and every motocy guy knows where soi Arunothai is.

Having said that Tarqin is right, do the walk around the building by yourself one day, you will learn a lot and see what goes on there and keep an eye out for animals. I've heard this condo allows dog and cat ownership so if you don't like dogs barking and doing crap everywhere you might consider elsewhere. This of course is something for you to investigate.

I do know someone who lives there full time and he is very happy with his condo there, hope that helps.

Cheers mate.

Coakroach city mate only one step up from Pattaya Pad on the scuzz stakes, was thinking of it myself a while ago because of the good price but the general opinion from Thais I know was 'you must be crazy'. Keep looking.

As usual, the Nirun bashers out in force. Go check it out for yourself. Search this forum, it was discussed often enough before. It is not worse than any other place in Pattaya and a bargain at the price - where else in Pattaya can you find a condo for under 1M baht.

Those talking usually have no clue and have never been there themselves.

Yes they allow cats and dogs - just like everywhere else - and it is not a problem.

Of course if you're a sex tourist just check into one of the many hotels or flophouses around, but if you - as most people who stay here for more than a week - have a bike or other transport - the location is a non-issue.

'have a bike... the location is a non-issue'

Have to say when I read that I laughed so hard I nearly blew a kidney. Riding a bike from say Soi 7 to Nirum after dark must rank as so dangerous that it should be incorporated in to special forces training courses in that if you are so courageous/insane enough to do so you must be allowed to join.

Just make sure you register with the embassy and your funeral expenses are pre-paid.

I've done that for 10+ years, never had a problem. You sure ever been to Pattaya?

Besides, you'd consider putting your life in the hand of a Thai motorbike taxi driver? What's the logic of that?

Edited by Phil Conners

I live in Jomtien and have done for the last five years.

A friend of mine owns a number of units in Nirum which he rents out to basically derelicts. He did open an internet café their once but as he said when he closed it down 'if the ######ers can't drink it their not interested'.

Whilst I have a car and driver myself no I am not suggesting a Thai motorbike taxi would better. Both driving yourself or riding with him is suicidal. The minimum I would consider is a baht bus. Read the other threads for the latest falang fatals on those daft machines.

Honda Wave? They should call it a Honda Grave.

Lame?

I think the word your searching for is wealthy.

Now run along and buy a place in Nirum I'm sure you'll fit right in.

Normally people who "try" and boast about their wealth are worth peanuts.

You made it quite obvious you know very little.

Thanks for your input.

'have a bike... the location is a non-issue'

Have to say when I read that I laughed so hard I nearly blew a kidney. Riding a bike from say Soi 7 to Nirum after dark must rank as so dangerous that it should be incorporated in to special forces training courses in that if you are so courageous/insane enough to do so you must be allowed to join.

Just make sure you register with the embassy and your funeral expenses are pre-paid.

Sorry, you are wrong. I have either walked, riden a motocy or baht bussed it back to soi Arunothai for the past 2 years from Pattaya Beach. I have never had a problem apart from a couple of mongrel soi dogs and you can come across them anywhere.

What a crap!!!! Nirun is a well known just below medium-class condo complex. It's pretty close to Carrefour and it's situated in Central Pattaya........... who said: "In the middle of nowhere" ?

Okay, it looks massive and maybe the quality is not what one should expect, but with a boost up it will be okay.

But, right in the Nirun neighborhood, there is another condo complex and that seems to be a real mess. A typical condominium complex, built for Thai, but occupied by mainly farangs. I don't know the name of this complex, but you will pass it if you drive from Soi Arunatai directly to 3rd Road without using Soi Sophon Cable.

Found a good deal on a unit in the Nirun Condo , checked the place out and it appears less skuzzy then it's rep.

Anyone care to share their opinions on this place.

Not a particulrly good address. The trouble with these places are that you may have a

very nice two bedroom condo but the neighbours on the left are eight bg's who sleep

in shifts in a 30m2 studio, and the ones on the right are a bunch of four lady boy's.

Same with all these large low cost condo's in pattaya, unfortunately. :o

But why ask, go see for yourself.

Naka.

I can think of a lot less desirable neighbors than 8 BGs.

The LBs is another question, however.

Vespa, you should be able to find an Isaan beauty close by so that is a plus. :o

The other plus might be that Tarqin won't be living anywhere near you. :D

What a crap!!!! Nirun is a well known just below medium-class condo complex. It's pretty close to Carrefour and it's situated in Central Pattaya........... who said: "In the middle of nowhere" ?

Okay, it looks massive and maybe the quality is not what one should expect, but with a boost up it will be okay.

But, right in the Nirun neighborhood, there is another condo complex and that seems to be a real mess. A typical condominium complex, built for Thai, but occupied by mainly farangs. I don't know the name of this complex, but you will pass it if you drive from Soi Arunatai directly to 3rd Road without using Soi Sophon Cable.

The other condo is 9 Karat condo.

I have a studio in Nirun and before buying it I checked 9 Karat.A real slum at this moment.Now they repaint it but still drug problems,water leaking...there

I don't live in Nirun.It is my short time room :o as I live in Na Jomtien

No noise isolation (in french sorry) .If your partner express loudly her satisfaction,your neigbours will participate :D .Pet allowed so noisy too.And as mentionned by an other member ;lot of katoyes and prostitutes living there.

Price of unit in the low buildings from 300k to 350 k depending from the content.airco;tiling.....

Real estate agents prices for the same units 450 k to 550 k :D

The other condo is 9 Karat condo.

I have a studio in Nirun and before buying it I checked 9 Karat.A real slum at this moment.Now they repaint it but still drug problems,water leaking...there

I don't live in Nirun.It is my short time room :o as I live in Na Jomtien

Price of unit in the low buildings from 300k to 350 k depending from the content.airco;tiling.....

Real estate agents prices for the same units 450 k to 550 k :D

I would keep the place along the same lines.

Would not live there, just a crash pad or place to hang out.

It is a bit scuzzy as mentioned by seems quite lively.

What spurred my interest is the unit is on the top floor of the big building with a pretty decent view and price is very cheap.

Gonna take a second look.

I actually live in Nirun and enjoy it. It's not a fancy place, it's more of a Thai village. It's a living, thriving community, The Thai people live, eat and drink in the streets and have always been friendly and respectful to me. I've never had a problem with safety and security is always visible

I own a double unit so I have 54 square meters remodeled to my tastes. Each building has a dedicated cleaner to mop all floors every day and keep the place clean. They also sweep the cobblestone street every day.

I find the location convenient and all motos seem to know where it is, or they know where Shagwell's is. I also like being close to Carfour for shopping and eating.

I agree, there are fancier, more expensive and more exclusive areas, however this is typical Thai. If you want to live in Thailand, this is a good choice. I do believe a single unit is too small, but two units together can be had for less than a million. Figure that on a cost per square meter basis and even $60 a sq. Mtr it would be three million, so for us guys on a tight budget, Nirun is a real bargain and a heck of a nice place to live.

All facilities are available locally, such as convenience stores, barbers, restaurants, bars, moto's, moto rental, car rental, travel agents and I don't know what else. Two pools. Sofan cable. Room delivery by the restaurants.

There are a few negatives as always, parking is tight, as I said, the Thai's live and eat in the street and take up a few of the parking spaces, so this is not the place to live if you own a car, but I always find a space for my moto. I also had to pay 'the man' 700 baht to get my telephone installed. There's a pre-school or something that is a little noisy during the day sometimes on the ground floor but I live on the 6th so I don't hear them upstairs. There are dogs, but no noisy dogs.

We even have an on site manager and staff. I once had a maintenance problem and went to the maintenance office, talked to the maintenance supervisor who wrote a maintenance order and a guy was there to fix the problem within 30 minutes. the maintenance supervisor as well as security often ride bicycles around the area to be available.

All that being said, a friend of mine just paid 12 million baht for a great place overlooking the ocean, then had to remodel it to his tastes. His place is definitely nicer than mine and I would trade in a heartbeat (he hasn't made the offer) but then if they change the rules and I have to leave for some unknown reason, it won't financially kill me either.

Just my 2 cents from a guy that actually lives in Nirun.

I actually live in Nirun and enjoy it. It's not a fancy place, it's more of a Thai village. It's a living, thriving community, The Thai people live, eat and drink in the streets and have always been friendly and respectful to me. I've never had a problem with safety and security is always visible

I own a double unit so I have 54 square meters remodeled to my tastes. Each building has a dedicated cleaner to mop all floors every day and keep the place clean. They also sweep the cobblestone street every day.

I find the location convenient and all motos seem to know where it is, or they know where Shagwell's is. I also like being close to Carfour for shopping and eating.

I agree, there are fancier, more expensive and more exclusive areas, however this is typical Thai. If you want to live in Thailand, this is a good choice. I do believe a single unit is too small, but two units together can be had for less than a million. Figure that on a cost per square meter basis and even $60 a sq. Mtr it would be three million, so for us guys on a tight budget, Nirun is a real bargain and a heck of a nice place to live.

All facilities are available locally, such as convenience stores, barbers, restaurants, bars, moto's, moto rental, car rental, travel agents and I don't know what else. Two pools. Sofan cable. Room delivery by the restaurants.

There are a few negatives as always, parking is tight, as I said, the Thai's live and eat in the street and take up a few of the parking spaces, so this is not the place to live if you own a car, but I always find a space for my moto. I also had to pay 'the man' 700 baht to get my telephone installed. There's a pre-school or something that is a little noisy during the day sometimes on the ground floor but I live on the 6th so I don't hear them upstairs. There are dogs, but no noisy dogs.

We even have an on site manager and staff. I once had a maintenance problem and went to the maintenance office, talked to the maintenance supervisor who wrote a maintenance order and a guy was there to fix the problem within 30 minutes. the maintenance supervisor as well as security often ride bicycles around the area to be available.

All that being said, a friend of mine just paid 12 million baht for a great place overlooking the ocean, then had to remodel it to his tastes. His place is definitely nicer than mine and I would trade in a heartbeat (he hasn't made the offer) but then if they change the rules and I have to leave for some unknown reason, it won't financially kill me either.

Just my 2 cents from a guy that actually lives in Nirun.

Good report....it`s always nice to see the other side of the coin :o

• 2 years later...
Total scuz pit. Middle of nowhere. Need directions written in Thai for a motorbike taxi. Home to a large number of potless drunken falangs who are one medical bill away from being deported. Dangerous after dark and not that safe in daylight.

Nearly all units tiny studios of Thai build quality. When you say 'deal' then whilst absolutely no one should be buying anything in Thailand at this moment in time if it is more than 700,000 baht for a studio in foreign name then it is no deal at all.

Avoid unless you are seriously on your uppers. If you buy expect not to be able to re-sell except for pennies. If you must give the estate agents a miss and just wander round the building looking for the multiple 'condo for sale by owners' notices that cover the walls.

(cue our resident estate agents to tell us the property market in Pattaya is booming we had all better get in quick and Nirum 'offers value for the discerning clients')

The Area seem to be getting much better actually. The outside, makes you think that is a rough area but once you go inside the condo it's all very silent at nite.

The drunk farangs are everywhere, even in the places that you dont expect them to be, because people are people, wether they can afford to live in good area, or rough one.

In 9 years of living in pattaya, I have been changing many condos, just to find out that even in the best of the areas, your neighbour could be so inconsiderate with his/her loud music, to give a bad name to the location.

• 2 weeks later...
Lame?

I think the word your searching for is wealthy.

Now run along and buy a place in Nirum I'm sure you'll fit right in.

Tarquin. I must point out to you that not every body is as fortunate or wealthy as you are. I am not poor. I will have a pension of half pay and medical for life. I have assetts around one million USA. Though my job is only a middle class paying job. I have Masters degree and don't drink hardly any alcohol.

I am a little familiar with The Nirun Condos. I have walked around the complex during the day. I have not been in the actual complex. I can understand that most people have a budget. Mine is of course is more or less than other people. I still have a budget. I have seen very inexpensive unit advertised at the Nirun. If you are concrened with making the most of what funds you have and being able to walk away from what property you might buy in Thailand, the Nirun is in that price range. Not all of us are accustomed to living in a million dollar home. I don't think that I will be able to afford a car and driver. Probably just a small truck. Even you have limits in terms of budget.

Not every one who has less than you is scum!

I have lived here at Niran for 4 and a half years. I am in a position to live anywhere in town but choose to live here. I have a small but very nice room Air Con FAST internet Phone UBC Sophon cable my expenses are about 7500 bath a month all in . I love the place never a problem not one. I work on walking street and leave to go home 2 AM everyday and have never had a problem.