Buying apartment in Udon Thani

martinjakobsen

Rent first, then think about buying, only question I have is why Udon??, my visit there was brief, but I didn't see anything worth buying - all were cheap, less than a Million.........but really, really small chophouse looking things.

I suggest you rent rather than buy.

I have recently given up the condo I rented at Lumpini because I had to move back to Nong Khai.

The condo itself was quite small but well laid out and the complex itself was immaculately clean and the facilities excellent.

If you message me I can give you the contact number of the lady who owns it.

Although there was a lot of interest in the 2 developments while they were building, not many units actually sold i think. Currently Lumpini Mill Place units are available at about 30% off (assuming they were ever available at the full price). Supposedly some buyers have foregone their deposits as on reflection decided not a good investment. Definitely need to look first and also compare with other options. Most of the advertising literature was in Thai, as that was the main market, probably intended as flooding boltholes for Bangkokians.

As said, if you are not familiar with Udon visit first (for a month say) to see if it attracts you. Plenty of very economical hotels/guest houses of reasonable quality. Most expat residents are in long term relationships and live in houses.

I wouldn't buy, the prices are going down, example Lumpini condo:

2 years ago the asking price was about 1.5m for a 26sqm unit (If you look it up on google, people are still offering it for this price)

But now they put up some advertisements at the condo, offering the 26sqm unit for 1.2m

At Lumpini condo are alot of unsold units

Just rent it, they even offer monthly contracts

There is a Facebook group called Udon Thani Expats started by a guy who obviusly is involved in his own hotel and property. He is advertising condos and houses on a daily basis.

And for you who master the Swedish language there is also the Facebook group called Vi Svenskar i Udon Thani where you also will get helpful answers to your qustions.

On 9/14/2017 at 10:10 AM, kenk24 said:

Do some research into the ease of salability... What happens if you want to sell? 

Property / condos etc ,   easy to buy , and very hard to sell . I should know.

Take care, out there .

Archived