Tesco Lotus keeps the focus on fresh, affordable food

webfact

By The Nation

Tesco Lotus has unveiled a “Fresh@Heart” campaign to underscore its commitment to providing high-quality fresh food at affordable prices.

It also touted its revamped flagship store on Bangkok’s Sukhumvit Soi 50, and announced that at least five more hypermarkets will undergo similar renovations this year to “improve the fresh food department”.

“We have continued our focus on improving our fresh food offerings, as fresh food is at the heart of our business,” said commercial director Sompong Rungnirattisai.

“We began lowering the prices of our fresh food in 2015 to help our customers save on the cost of living. We have also done extensive end-to-end developments of the entire fresh food supply chain, from sourcing, packing and distribution through to in-store displays, to uplift the quality of the fresh food sold in our stores. 

“We are ready to embark on our next step,” he said, “which is to focus on enhancing the product quality and shopping experience for our customers, while keeping our prices affordable. Our key areas of focus are product quality, shopping experience and affordability. In the past three years, our investments in fresh food have amounted to nearly Bt10 billion.”

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30326663

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-09-14

When are they going to have a decent fruit and vegetable section in the main store in Phuket.....some days you cant even buy potatoes let alone broccoli...fruit dept is somewhat similar....They also need to get someone to train their staff both in service and manners....I only go there because my boy likes a certain restaurant there .....on my own I off to Big C down the road where the famous Thai "smile" is in full flight 

7 minutes ago, smccolley said:

Fresh and affordable, ok. How about just available? I was in the Pattaya North Tesco today and there was no potatoes....

Let's work on available, then the other two.

You nailed it. Even in Bangkok, the biggest problem is not really the price or the quality of the grocery, but its availability!

8 minutes ago, newcomer71 said:

You nailed it. Even in Bangkok, the biggest problem is not really the price or the quality of the grocery, but its availability!

I agree.  Lotus out of aluminum foil last time I went.  The darn computer should stock everything.  What is the problem?

10 minutes ago, amvet said:

I agree.  Lotus out of aluminum foil last time I went.  The darn computer should stock everything.  What is the problem?

10 minutes ago, amvet said:

What is the problem?

The problem is Thailand 4.0.......and the Generals.

12 hours ago, webfact said:

They're kidding right ?

Lotus is my last stop after Makro , Big C & market. They are the worst of the 3 supermarkets , and I buy so little there , that I wonder why I still go there. ( and they just renovated with higher prices ).

20 minutes ago, amvet said:

They are out of stock of mineral water in the 6l jar for more than a month now. Only in 1.5l bottles and not always available...

I lost my hopes they will restock anytime soon.

5 hours ago, newcomer71 said:

They are out of stock of mineral water in the 6l jar for more than a month now. Only in 1.5l bottles and not always available...

I lost my hopes they will restock anytime soon.

Makro's 6 L is much better and only 28 B , sometimes 26. Lotus water tastes worse than the 1B/L from the automat.

Last year in preparation for a 'Tesco Finest etc. Thailand PR Spectacle' there were big stocks of Tesco Finest Foods and Tesco 'farang' goods stalls put out in stores.

There is virtually nothing left from the 2016 range now and the Tesco Lotus Chaweng superstore looks more like it is shutting down than being 'open for business'.

In my province we have a main Tesco Lotus branch just on the outskirts of the main town center, but we also have many Lotus lek smaller shops everywhere... unfortunately the one near my home falls very short of the "fresh mark" when it comes to vegetables... often they are already rotting inside the packaging I have to show the staff to remove them from the shelves..

9 hours ago, lordblackader said:

I'd like them to see a commitment to stocking their selves - in Chiang Mai half the time selves are empty, lacking in fresh food in particular. There's a reason most people prefer Big C over Tesco Lotus. 

Big difference between SELVES and SHELVES. Mr BlackaDDer.

9 hours ago, Essecola said:

They could do much more to make the fresh meat section more hygenic. So often I have seen customers putting chicken into a plastic bag that is sitting on the chicken pile itself then putting that bag straight into their cart with other items. 

So they don't grab the chickenmeat with bare hands anymore?? Those folks have moved to Makro i guess....

For really affordable food just go look in the "past its best, rotting, gonna make you ill, no charge for the maggots" sections of your local Tesco. I'm surprised they are allowed to sell it.

Perhaps they should consider doing what the French do, give it away free to homeless shelters etc. not that I'd even wish that garbage on those people.

Edited by Keesters

1 hour ago, Thian said:

So they don't grab the chickenmeat with bare hands anymore?? Those folks have moved to Makro i guess....

I have seen some Indian looking people bare-handing food. On bringing it to the notice of Tesco staff all I got was a disinterested shrug.

6 minutes ago, Keesters said:

I have seen some Indian looking people bare-handing food. On bringing it to the notice of Tesco staff all I got was a disinterested shrug.

I admit that lately i didn't see them grabbing chickenmeat bare-handed in Makro since 5 months.

But before that they almost ALL did so, and those are the people who have restaurants/hotels...so you can imagine the hygiene in their places..

In the Makro i still won't touch the handlebar of the carts..

But last week in the foodcourt of Central Chidlom i ordered a nice salad, the girl weared gloves but when i had to pay with the card she just took it with the same gloves she used to make my salad...:post-4641-1156694083:.

And the butchers in ALL supermarkets also hand you the bag with the same dirty gloves they used to fill the bag with meat...

If anyone walks in Tesco Lotus in Thamai..the welcome from the old frozen fish is enough to vomit..THEY hide the smelly old fruit under the so CALLED special reductions ...no one even speaks a word of English..I get by..pom phud Thai ..totally unprofessional!

Please excuse spelling mistakes/misunderstanding
Best
HM

8 hours ago, Keesters said:

For really affordable food just go look in the "past its best, rotting, gonna make you ill, no charge for the maggots" sections of your local Tesco. I'm surprised they are allowed to sell it.

Perhaps they should consider doing what the French do, give it away free to homeless shelters etc. not that I'd even wish that garbage on those people.

If there is a promotion at Lotus ( especially for food) , check it good , most of the time it's dodgy. (like refrozen , melted ice cream , noodles that are broken or weigh less ,...).