Video: "Lovable policeman" opts for exercise punishment instead of a fine

rooster59

Video: "Lovable policeman" opts for exercise punishment instead of a fine

exercise.PNG

Image: Thai News Agency

Thai TV featured the story of what they called a "Tamruat Na Rak" (lovable cop) who let off a Bangkok teen with no license or mirrors on his bike.

Instead of fining the young man in school uniform the cop made him do exercises like jumping jacks and push-ups by the side of the road.

A reporter saw and made a video for the evening news.

The clip was filmed on a sidewalk in the Huay Kwang area of the capital.

Asked by the reporter how he felt the teen said he had never been stopped before and was happy that he wouldn't have to pay a fine.

He said he would do something about his mirrors and get a license.

Presenters on the TV said that the policeman was lovable and left everyone smiling with the approach to his job.

Source: Thai News Agency

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-09-16

What a joke,show's exactly why the death rate is so high,no licence, no insurance,no mirrors [ did not know that was illegal, my ex wife's cousin purchased a bike and first thing he did was remove the mirrors,not cool apparently] and the cop makes him jump up and down,the kid will do nothing about getting a licence,why bother,half the population seem to think it's an optional thing.

That cop deeds to be "reassigned" until he takes his duties a little more seriously! The bike should have been confiscated there and then and only returned when the kid turns up with a licence and some mirrors! THEN , maybe he will learn a lesson. A couple of "jumping jacks and three push ups" are no deterrent! No wonder the death toll is so high in this country!!

I walked passed Rain Hill couple of days ago just by the motor bike taxi stand, their was a copper on a motorbike on the pavement wearing his flap cap. He gave me a dirty look because I didn't move out of his way.

You seriously think these people give a damn about the death rate on the roads. Only poor people ride bikes, so they are fair game.

And what would have happened to that idjut if the boy who got back on his bike, suddenly had a fatal accident?

Perhaps he wouldnt be so lovable and instead condemned as the cause of the accident

Its a What If, but thais never get that....

Mirrors on bikes are for the rider to be able to see the traffic view behind. If you never look behind you (does it matter?) then you don't need the mirrors so can remove them. Bike go faster with less drag.

License adds weight, saps power so why carry? By the way, my rear light no work. Removed bulb to stop ghosts following me home at night. Front light no work also. No problem I ride on verge facing oncoming traffic so can see road with their lights. Save fuel, save money. Jing jing, my gohok!

The message sent by this cop is Break the law its ok  That is why we have laws right to keep people in check. How can you take the cops here serious?  Not having a licence is no laughing matter Sending a message out to all Thais Its ok not having a license Just do some jumps and u are ok to go 

The cop in question will get a medal for this