Thai Elite Easy Access Visa

I am intending to apply for this visa and hope anyone can advise me this. If my Son who is 11 years old - can he stay with me without leaving (he enters using tourist visa) once his  tourist visa expires. According to Thai Elite children below 14 years can stay with the Thai Elite members without going out of the country. That means my kid will be overstaying. Will there be any problem if he leaves Thailand with me. At the same time will there be problems when both of us return to Thailand again with me using the Elite visa. While he will be on visa on arrival and enter and stay with me (even after VOA expires). 

Rgds

richard 

Children under 15 do not pay overstay fines but do get a overstay stamp. Not being fined for overstay does not mean they do not need visas.

Being on an overstay at his age would not be problem for him to re-enter the country and get a 30 day visa exempt entry (not a 15 day visa on arrival).

If your son is attending school he can get extensions of stay for attending school. He would need to get a non-ed visa to apply for the extension.

4 hours ago, ubonjoe said:

Children under 15 do not pay overstay fines but do get a overstay stamp. Not being fined for overstay does not mean they do not need visas.

Being on an overstay at his age would not be problem for him to re-enter the country and get a 30 day visa exempt entry (not a 15 day visa on arrival).

If your son is attending school he can get extensions of stay for attending school. He would need to get a non-ed visa to apply for the extension.

Thanks ubonjoe for your reply. Btw we are Chinese citizens and do need to get VOA. Can you advise if there will be problems if my Son comes in with overstay stamp (with me having the Elite visa) . I am worried that he will be stopped at the immigration. 

Rgds

8 hours ago, bobeychao said:

Thanks ubonjoe for your reply. Btw we are Chinese citizens and do need to get VOA. Can you advise if there will be problems if my Son comes in with overstay stamp (with me having the Elite visa) . I am worried that he will be stopped at the immigration. 

Rgds

Historically, immigration has been very lenient with children regarding overstays. Most likely this will continue. It is very unlikely that your son will have any problem at immigration until he reaches the age of 15.

As @ubonjoe suggested, if your son is in school, arranging a Non Ed visa and extension based on being in school would keep everything 100% legal. The trouble is that Chinese nationals can only apply for visas in China.

12 hours ago, snairc said:

How do I get the Elite Visa. I am an Indian citizen and 58 years old.  I have a successful business in India.  Can anyone help 

You are over 50, you don't need an elite visa. A retirement visa will do.

• Like 1

It's easy to get an Easy Access visa, I have one.

First email them, they send you some forms, you send them back via email and once accepted you mail printed copies of the forms to them, then you pay the fee.

After that you get the visa either at the airport on arrival by appointment or go to the Chaeng Wattana immigration office and get it.

Simple.

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, snairc said:

Thanks for the help. Can you please let me know how I can get a retirement visa. What are the requirements

You can get a OA long stay visa at a embassy or consulate in your home country or country of legal residence. Requirements are here. http://www.mfa.go.th/main/en/services/4908/15385-Non-Immigrant-Visa-"O-A"-(Long-Stay).html

You can also a apply for a one year extension of stay based upon retirement at an immigration office. You will need a non-o visa entry to apply for it. You will need 800k baht in a Thai bank for 60 days or proof of 65 baht income or a combination to the 2 totaling 800k baht on the date you apply for it.