Dtac

Mumbo Jumbo

Ive just been to get my mobile phone credit topped up, with Dtac , in the past ive all ways dialed *1001 to hear what my balance is , and I could hear the balance in English, this time after topping up my credit, I dialed the same *1001 and was told my balance in Thai. I then contacted the Dtac service center and asked how I could change the balance notification announcement to English.

The service operator said it was not available in English, only Thai!!, I am sure there’s a way of changing the balance announcement to English by pressing some key’s on the phone..?

Any one know if its possible..?

Ive just been to get my mobile phone credit topped up, with Dtac , in the past ive all ways dialed *1001 to hear what my balance is , and I could hear the balance in English, this time after topping up my credit, I dialed the same *1001 and was told my balance in Thai. I then contacted the Dtac service center and asked how I could change the balance notification announcement to English.

The service operator said it was not available in English, only Thai!!, I am sure there’s a way of changing the balance announcement to English by pressing some key’s on the phone..?

Any one know if its possible..?

I have aways used *1010 which sens back an SMS with balance/expiry

HTH

:o

Sure for english press Nine. :D:D Those DTAC, admin type send me a msg, wishing happy birthday, free calls all day, sent in Thai, I didn't find out until two days later when I ask the wife to read the message. Darn SHAME SHAME on me. I will be ready for their BUTTS next year IF I get the change. :o:D

HI Mid .... I must be a bit slow to day... can you tell me a bit More ..( for English please press 9 ) ive dialed *1001 , which came in Thai..? but said nothing about dialing 9 ...?

farangsay... tried the *1010 and it said press 9 for English , and then went on about an Emergencey balance sms at 2 Bhat each Etc...? tried it and a message came two Minuets later saying my balance was less that 20 baht ( ive just put 300 baht in it ) ...any ideas

All I want to do is get back to dialing *1001 and getting the balance back in English ...?

Thanks...........

I've never heard an English version of the balance but it was never a problem due to my able to understand the Thai. Thought I would try and findout using DTAC's new 1678 (all inclusive) number and got a live English speaker who gave me the balance immediately. He said for English I need to use *101# which I just tried and immediately got an SMS back with balance and expiration date.

I have DTAC pre-paid so don't know if it is different with post-paid.

DTAC postpaid phone number list > http://www.dtac.co.th/en/customer/AfterSales/useful.aspx

DTAC prepaid (Happy) phone number list > http://www.happy.co.th/en/customer_service...t_use/index.php

The page says > Refill Credit and Change Language use *1000

HI Mid .... I must be a bit slow to day... can you tell me a bit More ..( for English please press 9 ) ive dialed *1001 , which came in Thai..? but said nothing about dialing 9 ...?

farangsay... tried the *1010 and it said press 9 for English , and then went on about an Emergencey balance sms at 2 Bhat each Etc...? tried it and a message came two Minuets later saying my balance was less that 20 baht ( ive just put 300 baht in it ) ...any ideas

All I want to do is get back to dialing *1001 and getting the balance back in English ...?

Thanks...........

Sorry mate

Just checked again

What I have is an entry in the phonebook that says

ChkBalance

When I view to see the number behind it says

*101#

Just tried it

Might not be an SMS

Phone says "Await network action" and then the

stuff appears.

My eyesight is going downhill on skates I'm afraid

:o

Thanks...........

cheers

mate

heavy night ? :o

I've never heard an English version of the balance but it was never a problem due to my able to understand the Thai. Thought I would try and findout using DTAC's new 1678 (all inclusive) number and got a live English speaker who gave me the balance immediately. He said for English I need to use *101# which I just tried and immediately got an SMS back with balance and expiration date.

I have DTAC pre-paid so don't know if it is different with post-paid.

DTAC postpaid phone number list > http://www.dtac.co.th/en/customer/AfterSales/useful.aspx

DTAC prepaid (Happy) phone number list > http://www.happy.co.th/en/customer_service...t_use/index.php

The page says > Refill Credit and Change Language use *1000

Just tried the *1000 number and when it said to hit a number to change to English, I did. Exited then did the *1001 and now it is in English.