Are there taxi-mopeds or baht buses in Buriram?

mrblonde

As a lot of you will know I'm having 5 nights in Buriram in November (day or 2 in Surin by moped to the elephant festival) so 3 or 4 days in Burriam itself.  Are there taxis/baht buses/tuk-tuks to flag down on an evening to get home after a few beers in the centre?

Haven't been there for some time, but the last time I was there (some years ago!), there were bicycle rickshaws. Buriram town isn't that big and most places were walkable from your hotel.

Edited by katana

There are plenty of taxis and tuk-tuks. You will not have any problem getting around the city area 24/7

There are a couple of songtow routes, but no regular timetabled short journey route busses within town.

Even though the Buriram taxis are licenced as meter taxis, they rarely use the meter. It's a negiotated price before the trip begins. Get a Thai speaker to do it for you.

Buriram taxi 24 hour number is 044 613 662.

Best to have a Thai speaker available for directions.

Higher prices than Bangkok as the meter is not used.

From the center of town to say, Cresco Hotel / Footy Stadium / Racetrack, would be 150 Baht.

Thanks all, will have a moped for sightseeing during the days just at night after a few beers just want to make sure we are not walking 1.5 miles back to Cresco in the pitch black

any advice on getting from buri ram airport to our hotel please? Can I pre book with buri ram taxi? Or will there be taxis at the airport? 

there is a taxi desk at the airport.  the rate to go to buriram city is 600thb.  these are 'private' sedans and/or minivans.  there are no meter taxis waiting at the airport.  air asia has minivans where you can 'share' a ride in. i haven't used these.

ฤสหน

11 hours ago, buick said:

there is a taxi desk at the airport.  the rate to go to buriram city is 600thb.  these are 'private' sedans and/or minivans.  there are no meter taxis waiting at the airport.  air asia has minivans where you can 'share' a ride in. i haven't used these.

Van 80B available, timetable (in Thai) here: https://www.buriramworld.com/ข่าวดี-เดินทางจากสนามบิ/