Police close unlicensed Koh Pha Ngan hostel

rooster59

By The Nation

Troops and police raided a hostel on the popular tourist destination of Koh Pha Ngan in Surat Thani on Saturday morning and arrested its manager for operating without a proper licence.

Pha Ngan district assistant chiefs Suwit Thongpin and Sutthipong Thongruang led troops and police in checking hostels on the island following complaints that unlicensed premises have been offering cheap accommodation, thus affecting the businesses of licensed hotels and resorts.

The officials found that a hostel called Pha Ngan Arenas was operating without a licence. It has several rooms with double-deck beds and each room can accommodate up to eight tourists who are charged from Bt100 per night.

The officials arrested Thassanee Bangkaew, 31, from Surin, on charges of operating an accommodation business without a licence.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30327494

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-09-24

4 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

By The Nation

Troops and police raided a hostel on the popular tourist destination of Koh Pha Ngan in Surat Thani on Saturday morning and arrested its manager for operating without a proper licence.

Pha Ngan district assistant chiefs Suwit Thongpin and Sutthipong Thongruang led troops and police in checking hostels on the island following complaints that unlicensed premises have been offering cheap accommodation, thus affecting the businesses of licensed hotels and resorts.

The officials found that a hostel called Pha Ngan Arenas was operating without a licence. It has several rooms with double-deck beds and each room can accommodate up to eight tourists who are charged from Bt100 per night.

The officials arrested Thassanee Bangkaew, 31, from Surin, on charges of operating an accommodation business without a licence.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30327494

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-09-24

This is the most wanted criminal they could find?

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

Pity they had nothing better to do, like fighting crime.:cheesy:

Or, for ppl with more then half a brain will realise that just because they do one thing, doesn't mean they also arnt working on other things.

These constant Bashing of anything the police or army does is really quiet pathetic and boring, but then, it says more about the ppl that write them then anything else.

8 minutes ago, Lazy Farang said:

Or, for ppl with more then half a brain will realise that just because they do one thing, doesn't mean they also arnt working on other things.

These constant Bashing of anything the police or army does is really quiet pathetic and boring, but then, it says more about the ppl that write them then anything else.

Yes it is boring reading the nonsense some people post.

The only reason that hostel was closed was because the police were not receiving their cut, and before you get uptight about that comment, remember it happens everywhere here every day.

1 hour ago, Lazy Farang said:

The other issue to consider is that the illegal hostels are not reporting to the authorities and are likely to be harbouring illegals or terrorists etc. 

13 hours ago, PAIBKK said:

Someone didn't receive a well filled brown envelope....

16 hours ago, colinneil said:

Troops and police close unlicensed hostel !!wow !!

Crime of the century, lock him up, throw away the key.

Pity they had nothing better to do, like fighting crime.:cheesy:

12 hours ago, cracker1 said:

Seems an "overkill" of force with Police and Military present when surely the local Chief and Government admin staff could have closed the place ?

10 hours ago, colinneil said:

Yes it is boring reading the nonsense some people post.

The only reason that hostel was closed was because the police were not receiving their cut, and before you get uptight about that comment, remember it happens everywhere here every day.

Grade AAA for all the posts quoted :thumbsup: 

• 3 weeks later...
On ‎9‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 6:39 AM, Get Real said:

No, but they still enforce the law. Something people like you also complain about that they don´t do.

Nothing, IMO about enforcing the law.

The only reason, IMO, is that they are providing a cheap place to stay for bagpackers, and the more expensive places thought they were missing out on guests, so they dobbed them in.

1 hour ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Nothing, IMO about enforcing the law.

The only reason, IMO, is that they are providing a cheap place to stay for bagpackers, and the more expensive places thought they were missing out on guests, so they dobbed them in.

Oh, dear! Why is it that it´s always a conspiracy theory? Always somebody paying for get rid of someone else, in your little small mind.
It´s about not having a license. Does it matter if an expensive place reported that??? They got closed for not having a license. Final.
If can´t get that, I just feel very sorry for you.

Assuming that the place was sincerely shut down due to the lack of licence and nothing to do with a brown enveloppe ?...or perhaps it had?....what seems disturbing is that nobody trusts the authorities any more for doing their jobs and what they are paid for....

The boys upper up on the chain of command need to open their eyes as public trust is dwindling daily towards the chaps in brown, green, blue and so on....

I anticipate the responses that they just don't care etc. etc....but such situations can boil and burst in public uproar at one point, when it's too late....

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 8:36 PM, Get Real said:

Oh, dear! Why is it that it´s always a conspiracy theory? Always somebody paying for get rid of someone else, in your little small mind.
It´s about not having a license. Does it matter if an expensive place reported that??? They got closed for not having a license. Final.
If can´t get that, I just feel very sorry for you.

:cheesy:

Not been in LOS long then?

Edited by thaibeachlovers

On ‎10‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 9:48 PM, InMyShadow said:

Good work. Thailand is not a lawless society.. Case closed!

They should send all those fearless warriors against crime to some of the cities in LOS where crime is rampant. The cops in those places never seem to do much about it.

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 5:37 PM, Get Real said:

No, only 17 years.

Not long then.

I've been coming to and living in LOS since the 70s, but I know enough to know that I know sod all about LOS, and never will, no matter how long I live here.

A farang claiming that they know how LOS works is like a man saying he understands women.

However, I know what is the most likely explanation for the OP, IN MY OPINION, but as in all things I could be wrong. I do not claim to be all knowing.