Toyota Hilux Cracked Piston TSB

Jitar

Not sure if this has been covered before but apparently some 2006 - 2014 Hilux suffer piston issues, typically around 100,000km.  Toyota Europe issued the TSB, linked below.  Apparently the pistons and injectors have changed in later models while earlier models also had different pistons so did not have the same issue.  

Toyota-1KDFTV-Euro4-cracked-piston.pdf

20 minutes ago, Jitar said:

Apparently the pistons and injectors have changed in later models while earlier models also had different pistons so did not have the same issue.  

If no recall in Thailand then there can't be many incidents,  don't think the land-cruiser is made in Thailand either.

The 2 engines 2.5L & 3.0L were used in Fortuna & Hilux trucks.

The engines are different again now l believe.

23 minutes ago, Kwasaki said:

If no recall in Thailand then there can't be many incidents,  don't think the land-cruiser is made in Thailand either.

The 2 engines 2.5L & 3.0L were used in Fortuna & Hilux trucks.

The engines are different again now l believe.

They dont do the Benzine here anymore for some reason, India do though.Very reliable im told.

There is no recall.  The TSB relates to 2006 - 2014 Hilux and Landcruiser with the 1KDFTV engine.  This engine was used in the Thai Hilux at that time.  Apparently the issue has been known in Australia.   Toyota source the Hilux for Australia from Thailand.  Pretty good chance the Thai models use the same pistons and injectors.  

41 minutes ago, Jitar said:

There is no recall.  The TSB relates to 2006 - 2014 Hilux and Landcruiser with the 1KDFTV engine.  This engine was used in the Thai Hilux at that time.  Apparently the issue has been known in Australia.   Toyota source the Hilux for Australia from Thailand.  Pretty good chance the Thai models use the same pistons and injectors.  

Yes and there are many over a 100,000 K so where's the news. :biggrin:

5 hours ago, Jitar said:

Maybe why a fair few tradies gave up on their broken Vigo's and switched to Rangers.

On 9/24/2017 at 5:54 PM, Kwasaki said:

Yes and there are many over a 100,000 K so where's the news. :biggrin:

If you go back to 2006 Hi Lux , it was caused by overheating , and Toyota said sorry, its the small rad , and did the opposit to to Ford Dealers nowdays, they fixed the damage without a Whinge.That my 1st hand experiance, not hearsay waffle.

1 hour ago, Ace of Pop said:

If you go back to 2006 Hi Lux , it was caused by overheating , and Toyota said sorry, its the small rad , and did the opposit to to Ford Dealers nowdays, they fixed the damage without a Whinge.That my 1st hand experiance, not hearsay waffle.

I was surprised that my 2007 never had an additional electric fan for the A/C, but the temp gauge never moves once it has warmed up, and l have been stuck in heavy traffic in high heat for long periods..

2 hours ago, Ace of Pop said:

Mine was a 2005 never a bother, the new 2017/2018 Isuzu was a better deal offer than Toyota but l wanted a change anyhow.