Garden Furniture

yosib157

Can anybody suggest where in Nakhon Phanom district we can get a garden table made to measure. The type where the locals sit and eat and everything else in their back yards. Similar to the picture, but not as posh (expensive).

I suppose most of the timber yards could make one, but thought I'd ask here first.

Had bamboo before which lasted no more than 18 months.

Thanks

WE Furniture Solid Wood Dark Oak Dining Bench

We're not in your area, so can't help with locations, but we have a number of places making that sort of thing using what looks like old pallets and other packing materials.

If you have basic (edit:- power) tools it's not a difficult DIY. I made ours from the hardwood parts of our old chicken house which came from a recycled rice-barn that had previously been a house.

56 minutes ago, Crossy said:

We're not in your area, so can't help with locations, but we have a number of places making that sort of thing using what looks like old pallets and other packing materials.

There's a couple of places round here that make this kind of furniture. Only seen it in passing but some of the pieces look really nice.

I doubt though "old pallets and other packing materials" would be suitable for outdoor garden furniture in the long term. You really need a hard wood and tins of preservative for something to last any length of time outdoors.

:smile:

1 minute ago, Daffy D said:

I doubt though "old pallets and other packing materials" would be suitable for outdoor garden furniture in the long term. You really need a hard wood and tins of preservative for something to last any length of time outdoors.

Indeed, a lot depends upon exactly what environment it's intended for, on concrete and sheltered and the pallets will be fine.

Archived