Work permit

In my previous companies when i had to do work permit i never went personally to the Minister of Labour. This time the company will send me tomorrow there with the lawyer. What i will go to do there? And for what reason they ask to bring the passport as well? Thanks

I assume you will only have to sign the application forms that your employer should of already completed.

You need your passport to prove you have a valid entry to the country.

Unless you have a non immigrant visa entry the work permit will not be issued until you have one.

7 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I assume you will only have to sign the application forms that your employer should of already completed.

You need your passport to prove you have a valid entry to the country.

Unless you have a non immigrant visa entry the work permit will not be issued until you have one.

I am on Non O immigrant issued in France consulate

35 minutes ago, Ian1980 said:

There is any website where i can check the process for obtain a wp? Thanks

The first step is applying for it by completing a WP1 form and the assorted forms that need to be attached to it. Requirements and forms are here in this file. https://www.doe.go.th/prd/assets/upload/files/alien_en/9b00a27ff2a929dc277b1b9ccb3f49a4.pdf

If married to a Thai you will need your marriage certificate plus a copy. Some work permit offices will also want a Kor Ror 2 marriage registry.

After the application is approved the work permit will then be issued.

Normally the only time the applicant must go to the Ministry of Labour during the work permit application  process is on the day you collect your work permit.

This is because the officer will witness you signing the permit in the space underneath your photo. Once you have signed the permit the officer sticks a laminate strip over the top if your photo and signature.