Non-Imm extension financials

Does anybody know the history of marriage and retirement extension financial requirements?

I know marriage used to be 200,00 in the bank 13 years ago, but was it lower before and when did it change?

I'm thinking about when it might be increased/doubled again......

I know about the grand-father rule, so those able to keep continuity are safe from increase, but that is not always possible, e.g. have to leave urgently during marriage 30-days "waiting approval from Bangkok", which happened to me 2 years ago.

The last change was to adjust for the devaluation of the baht in 2003. It went from 25 baht to the dollar to around 40k baht to the dollar when it was changed.

Only extensions of stay based upon retirement were grandfathered only if  a person was on extension prior to October of 1998. No grandfathering was done for the extension based upon marriage.

It was raised from 250k baht to 400k baht in the ban for extension based upon marriage. The income went from 25k baht to 40K baht. 

For extensions based upon retirement it went through various change before being set to 800k baht in the bank or 65k baht.

There is no reason to think it will be doubled now.

If you can be back before the 30 day report back date on the under consideration stamp you can be a re-entry permit for it.

Thanks Joe,

So only retirement visas were grandfathered, and any future increase would not be exempt via grandfathering.

As we all know the value of money gradually disappears over time (inflation), so I would imagine that the requirements will increase at some future point in time.

I wouldn't have been able to return before the "under consideration stamp" expired. I didn't try, assuming Imm. would not extend the stamp further.