Yingluck has nothing to win by coming to court Sept 27: Democrat leader

snoop1130

Just now, halloween said:

I am, and the only thing you base your opinion on is clear bias. A corrupt politician uses corrupt police to help her skip bail and leave the country. Just where does the junta fit into that picture?

I wasn't asking you. But as you feel the need to  'interject' upon another behalf I accept that you think the Junta are 'innocent' and just stupid. Because they are one OR the other right?  

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Twas not an assumption, dear sir, but a question

noun

1. 1.
    a sentence worded or expressed so as to elicit information.
    "we hope this leaflet has been helpful in answering your questions"
    synonyms: inquiry, query; 
    interrogation
    "please answer my question"

So you support the current crowd having "immunity" from their illegal act of a coup?  or you claim it was 'legal'? 

If you weren't making an assumption you wouldn't have started the sentence with "so".

Edited by rixalex

Just now, rixalex said:

So you support the current crowd having "immunity" from their illegal act of a coup?  or you claim it was 'legal'? 

If you weren't making an assumption you wouldn't have started the sentence with "so".

If

Twas part of the vernacular. Where I come from often we start questions like that.  "So you think Man United will win this year?"  does not mean I ASSUME you think that. You are being pedantic to AVOID the question.

3 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

I wasn't asking you. But as you feel the need to  'interject' upon another behalf I accept that you think the Junta are 'innocent' and just stupid. Because they are one OR the other right?  

You asked on an open forum. And then think you have the right to ask a question without answering mine. Again, your assumption of stupidity is based on your own bias without supporting evidence. I await your answer to where does the junta fit into the known scenario of corrupt politician uses corrupt police to skip bail and leave the country?

8 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Are you suggesting the Junta are 'innocent' of her departure?  (this is a question)

Well, i think for a woman of her means, it would have been quite possible to escape without their help, especially with a few members of the police force helping her... but i can also think of some reasons why her escape would suit the junta, so it's not out of the question for them to be involved.

Short answer is, i don't know. Do you?

15 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

Twas part of the vernacular. Where I come from often we start questions like that.  "So you think Man United will win this year?"  does not mean I ASSUME you think that. You are being pedantic to AVOID the question.

Firstly, pull the other one.

Secondly, i didn't avoid the question.

21 minutes ago, rixalex said:

Well, i think for a woman of her means, it would have been quite possible to escape without their help, especially with a few members of the police force helping her... but i can also think of some reasons why her escape would suit the junta, so it's not out of the question for them to be involved.

Short answer is, i don't know. Do you?

No I don't but it must be either collusion OR crass incompetence as they were all around the house with their 'listening devices' etc.   and I think even Thai Cops would search vehicles as they left

10 minutes ago, rixalex said:

Firstly, pull the other one.

Secondly, i didn't avoid the question.

Firstly :  why?  in UK that's how we talk  "so who's going to win the Premier League this year'?,  "So who are you dating this weekend"?,  "So is rixalex ever going to answer the question'?

Secondly: you did, you do and you always have done

2 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

No I don't but it must be either collusion OR crass incompetence as they were all around the house with their 'listening devices' etc.   and I think even Thai Cops would search vehicles as they left

You think. And how many Thai baht would it take to persuade Thai police to look the other way? How does a government ensure the police assigned to a job don't have political allegiance or are immune to large bribes, or will follow orders from a corrupt superior influenced by both?

Just now, LannaGuy said:

Although crass incompetence is something i'm sure they are well capable of, in this case, i don't think it was particularly required to enable her escape.

She wasn't a convicted criminal so it's not like they could chain her down, all they could do was follow and observe from a bit of a distance, and as mentioned, when you have unlimited wealth, it opens up your options somewhat for getting out of the country. Hardly a Houdini like feat what she did.

Just now, halloween said:

You think. And how many Thai baht would it take to persuade Thai police to look the other way? How does a government ensure the police assigned to a job don't have political allegiance or are immune to large bribes, or will follow orders from a corrupt superior influenced by both?

Well that is true but there are the 'usual suspects' outside Yingluck's house. here are some:

Cop A

Cop B

Cop C

Cop D

You are stretching the imagination too far to suggest the Junta would not pick 'Junta Cops' for that duty. Their spies are everywhere as Prayut said this week.

2 minutes ago, rixalex said:

Although crass incompetence is something i'm sure they are well capable of, in this case, i don't think it was particularly required to enable her escape.

She wasn't a convicted criminal so it's not like they could chain her down, all they could do was follow and observe from a bit of a distance, and as mentioned, when you have unlimited wealth, it opens up your options somewhat for getting out of the country. Hardly a Houdini like feat what she did.

You mean they could actually 'follow' her?  Now you mention it I did see a photo of them doing just that.

hqdefault.jpg

Just now, LannaGuy said:

Well that is true but there are the 'usual suspects' outside Yingluck's house. here are some:

Cop A

Cop B

Cop C

Cop D

You are stretching the imagination too far to suggest the Junta would not pick 'Junta Cops' for that duty. Their spies are everywhere as Prayut said this week.

And that nonsensical opinion is based on what? You delude yourself with your own hatred and bias.

26 minutes ago, halloween said:

You asked on an open forum. And then think you have the right to ask a question without answering mine. Again, your assumption of stupidity is based on your own bias without supporting evidence. I await your answer to where does the junta fit into the known scenario of corrupt politician uses corrupt police to skip bail and leave the country?

Bias? You've been throwing around that word a lot lately, and probably you don't quite know what it means - just like you don't know what your incessant, Pavlovian defense of them makes you.

Stating that YL's apparent exit from Thailand is either done with the blessing of the junta or is a result of their bottomless stupidity is just stating facts - end of.

2 minutes ago, Becker said:

Bias? You've been throwing around that word a lot lately, and probably you don't quite know what it means - just like you don't know what your incessant, Pavlovian defense of them makes you.

Stating that YL's apparent exit from Thailand is either done with the blessing of the junta or is a result of their bottomless stupidity is just stating facts - end of.

Yes, you seem to believe that your opinion is fact, because things 'must' happen that way. And yet, when asked to support your claim, there are no hard facts to support it. LG doesn't want to answer, but just where does the junta fit into the known factual scenario of corrupt politician is helped to escape by corrupt police?

5 minutes ago, halloween said:

And that nonsensical opinion is based on what? You delude yourself with your own hatred and bias.

'hatred and bias' of what"  truth?  ethics?  both these 'twins' you avoid like the plague!  the Junta would place 'trusted' Cops outside Yinglucks house and you cannot answer the simple question:

1/  collusion or

2/ incompetence 

Just now, LannaGuy said:

'hatred and bias' of what"  truth?  ethics?  both these 'twins' you avoid like the plague!  the Junta would place 'trusted' Cops outside Yinglucks house and you cannot answer the simple question:

1/  collusion or

2/ incompetence 

How do they tell who are "trusted" cops? How many Thai cops would you trust to refuse a million baht bribe?

The answer is neither, and until evidence of either is provided it will stay that way despite your delusions.

11 minutes ago, halloween said:

How does a government ensure the police assigned to a job don't have political allegiance or are immune to large bribes, or will follow orders from a corrupt superior influenced by both?

By completely reforming the whole RTP, together with the armed forces and the judiciary. You know, doing something that can have an actual positive and lasting impact on Thai society instead of the same old access-to-the-trough securing BS that they are doing.

1 minute ago, Becker said:

By completely reforming the whole RTP, together with the armed forces and the judiciary. You know, doing something that can have an actual positive and lasting impact on Thai society instead of the same old access-to-the-trough securing BS that they are doing.

Oh right, and they did that before Aug23? Or are you expecting it overnight. You do realise that by pointing out that a Herculean task is required, you have completely blown the credibility of your own claims?

At least LG had a go with the simplistic answer that the pick 'trusted' police, an animal slightly rarer than unicorns.

5 minutes ago, halloween said:

Yes, you seem to believe that your opinion is fact, because things 'must' happen that way. And yet, when asked to support your claim, there are no hard facts to support it. LG doesn't want to answer, but just where does the junta fit into the known factual scenario of corrupt politician is helped to escape by corrupt police?

Where they fit in??? Man, you've gone from wearing heavily green tinted glasses to a camo coloured blindfold. You do know that the military junta is in power, right?

And where in your "known factual scenario" has a corrupt politician escaped? Do you again have a problem with definitions of words, halloween. Does malfeasance and neglect mean corrupt in your little universe?

1 minute ago, Becker said:

Where they fit in??? Man, you've gone from wearing heavily green tinted glasses to a camo coloured blindfold. You do know that the military junta is in power, right?

And where in your "known factual scenario" has a corrupt politician escaped? Do you again have a problem with definitions of words, halloween. Does malfeasance and neglect mean corrupt in your little universe?

You didn't answer the question.

2 minutes ago, halloween said:

Oh right, and they did that before Aug23? Or are you expecting it overnight. You do realise that by pointing out that a Herculean task is required, you have completely blown the credibility of your own claims?

At least LG had a go with the simplistic answer that the pick 'trusted' police, an animal slightly rarer than unicorns.

Overnight??? Three years and four months cannot equal overnight, not even in your little alternative corner of reality.

9 minutes ago, halloween said:

How do they tell who are "trusted" cops? How many Thai cops would you trust to refuse a million baht bribe?

The answer is neither, and until evidence of either is provided it will stay that way despite your delusions.

and your delusion that the Junta are 'innocent' and 'clueless'?  one thing is clear you are an unmitigated 'fanboy' of the Military and that is your right but I have no idea why

14 minutes ago, halloween said:

You do realise that by pointing out that a Herculean task is required

Yes, a Herculean task indeed.

After being PM for 3 years, Prayut decided to address police reform in July 2017 with a new 36-member committee chaired by former Supreme Commander Gen Boonsrang Niampradit approved by Prayut's Cabinet.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/36-member-police-reform-committee-set/

The committee will be "ready" to work within nine months from now. (Prayut's 4th anniversary as PM)

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/989957-pm-prayut-police-reform-must-help-restore-public-trust/

Police should be reformed to Prayut's vision just before the next elections. Until a newly elected government has been endorsed for office, Prayut will have Herculean powers under Article 44 to assure police remain "reformed."

16 minutes ago, LannaGuy said:

and your delusion that the Junta are 'innocent' and 'clueless'?  one thing is clear you are an unmitigated 'fanboy' of the Military and that is your right but I have no idea why

You have no idea why somebody might object to accusations based on speculation and in direct opposition to facts? Just as you have no idea how to select "trusted" police, but base your argument on that arcane concept?

On another thread, you made the laughable claim that you are not a Shinawatra supporter, yet here you are offering support for a PM whose government wasted and stole hundreds of billions of baht, funds disbursed without parliamentary scrutiny. And you can't understand why I might support those who stopped that before the borrowed another B2.2 trillion? You don't understand much at all.

Edited by halloween

1 minute ago, Srikcir said:

Yes, a Herculean task indeed.

After being PM for 3 years, Prayut decided to address police reform in July 2017 with a new 36-member committee chaired by former Supreme Commander Gen Boonsrang Niampradit approved by Prayut's Cabinet.

http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/36-member-police-reform-committee-set/

The committee will be "ready" to work within nine months from now. (Prayut's 4th anniversary as PM)

https://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/989957-pm-prayut-police-reform-must-help-restore-public-trust/

Police should be reformed to Prayut's vision just before the next elections. Until a newly elected government has been endorsed for office, Prayut will have Herculean powers under Article 44 to assure police remain "reformed."

Well he hasn't got a BIL to illegally appoint as CoP.

1 minute ago, halloween said:

You have no idea why somebody might object to accusations based on speculation and in direct opposition to facts? Just as you have no idea how to select "trusted" police, but base your argument on that arcane concept?

On another thread, you made the laughable claim that you are not a Shinawatra supporter, yet here you are offering support for a PM whose government wasted and stole hundreds of billions of baht, funds disbursed without parliamentary scrutiny. And you can't understand why I might support those who stopped that before the borrowed another B2.2 trillion? You don't understand much as all.

In direct opposition to what facts?