Thundebird Message Sending Failure

mosquitoman

Hi

I am using Thundebird to handle my emails.

The problem is that most times I send an email with an attachment, the message sending fails. The larger the attachment the more chance of failure. If there are no attachments everything is OK,

Has anyone else experrienced similar problems?

Thanks

MM

Are you scanning outgoing attachments? Antivirus scanning either way can play havoc with attachments. Can you upload attachments another way, say from a web interface, without problems?

Peter

Hi

I am using Thundebird to handle my emails.

The problem is that most times I send an email with an attachment, the message sending fails. The larger the attachment the more chance of failure. If there are no attachments everything is OK,

Has anyone else experrienced similar problems?

Thanks

MM

How big are the smaller attachments?

The smaller attachments are say 25KB, once I get to 100KB plus, my messaging fails, however just occasioally I can send something as large as 500KB

Are you scanning outgoing attachments? Antivirus scanning either way can play havoc with attachments. Can you upload attachments another way, say from a web interface, without problems?

Peter

No I dont use any antivirus software, and yes as soon as I use Gmail or Yahoo I can upload very easily, 1.5 MB+ no problems what so ever

If this is recent, it may be due to the degradation of internet here following Taiwan earthquake.

This was happening before the earthquake.

Thanks for all the help

MM

Edited by mosquitoman

What are the attachments?

Go to Tools/options/advanced/ and click "config editor" scroll down until you see this line:

mail.file_attach_binary

If the setting is "false", right click, "toggle" and that should set it to "true". This will allow unknown file types to be sent as an attachment. (It won't forward attachments though)

Down further see if the setting mail.inline_attachments is set to "true"

Try that.

What are the attachments?

Go to Tools/options/advanced/ and click "config editor" scroll down until you see this line:

mail.file_attach_binary

If the setting is "false", right click, "toggle" and that should set it to "true". This will allow unknown file types to be sent as an attachment. (It won't forward attachments though)

Down further see if the setting mail.inline_attachments is set to "true"

Try that.

cdnvic

Many thanks for all your help. I reset the configurationa as you suggested, its no better I am afraid, I ran a test, below is a screenshot of the result.

post-8374-1168443827_thumb.jpg

By the looks of that message it's the outgoing server that's rejecting the message. That's something you need to take up with your mail host as they may have some configuration issues on their end.

cdnviv et al

Mant many thanks for all your help,

I have taken this up with my mail host several times and they assure me everything is OK, time for me to get a new mail host I think.

MM