90 Day Report - Bad Boy

Hello group. A quick one: 

I have been late on my 90-day report about 2-3 times. I pay the penalty fee. Actually, the immigration guy asks me if I want a receipt or not. 1000 baht fine with no receipt is the option I choose. He pockets the money, I assume, and I don't care. I get the stamp and I'm on my way. 

How serious is it to be late on the 90 day report? When I say late, I mean from a couple weeks to 1.5 months. I have paid the fine each time. Is this serious? I've just been busy with other stuff. If I'm digging a hole for myself, please advise. I want no trouble. My understanding was that if you pay the fine, it's totally cleared and there is no record or outstanding issue. 

One more thing: the IO who takes the 1000 baht asks me to come to his window. I assume he likes the tea money. But, he asks a lot of questions about my personal life, especially girlfriend and "what you do?" I assume this is just flirting, but I'm worried that he's digging because my lateness reporting is raising suspicions of "working." It's a Type O visa, for reasons of retirement. Makes me uncomfortable. Should I be? Thank you very much for your guidance. 

1 hour ago, trd said:

Since the official fine with a receipt is 2,000 baht, where's the difficulty in saving 1,000 baht? Just sayin'.

Sent from my P01V using Tapatalk

Go on time and save 1000 baht. Just ..... Nope cant be bothered.

Edited by berybert

I use my Google calendar account on my smartphone to schedule multiple reminders to do my 90 day reports on time. Can even schedule to have those reminders emailed if the single alert isn't enough.

I'm one of the few that can't do the online 90 day reports (been here too long, I guess). And sometimes life gets hectic I forget to follow through on my own calendared reminders... usually about once every year so end up being a week (covered) or more (fined) late. 

Nothing dire yet, after three times in the last three years. But I don't really want to give them any reason to hassle me. Last year I was being asked to provide full duplicates and fill in their questionnaire with fresh answers with each visit. 

Sometimes I'm jealous of people who do it online, or have the single paper printed out that they sign and then off they go.

<removed>

9 hours ago, Ebumbu said:

One more thing: the IO who takes the 1000 baht asks me to come to his window. I assume he likes the tea money. But, he asks a lot of questions about my personal life, especially girlfriend and "what you do?" I assume this is just flirting, but I'm worried that he's digging because my lateness reporting is raising suspicions of "working." It's a Type O visa, for reasons of retirement. Makes me uncomfortable. Should I be? Thank you very much for your guidance. 

The question at first. Why do you have to be late so much and so many times as you describe? I mean, how hard can it be to remember this little simple thing? It sounds exactly like all the people that overstay and have a lot of excuses, when there is no excuse in the world for not following rules or remebering the designated days. Totally insane if you ask me, and also a factor that leads to more control and problems for all the people that take care of there things as they should.

Secong we have the fine, that is normally 2000 Bath. You choose too be late. After that you choose to allow an Immigration Officer to take your money without a reciept, with a 50% dicount. Immigration and authorities in Thailand have no discounts. Therefore both you and the officer in question are making an illegal act. That´s probably the biggest thing you should worry about.

For the third and final part. The one about that the officer might be "digging" and if you should worry. Do you have something hidden? Are you doing something more illigal? Do you work without the required paperwork? Do you have a fake passport? I do not know whatever more I can come up with, but If you honestly can answer no on thoose 4 questions. Yeah, then I would think that you worry for all the wrong reasons.

6 hours ago, RichCor said:

Sometimes I'm jealous of people who do it online, or have the single paper printed out that they sign and then off they go.

Just curious why you can´t do it online or have the same kind of paper. It´s surely not because you stayed too long. :smile:

Edited by ubonjoe
removed a quote of a removed post and the reply to it

21 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Just curious why you can´t do it online or have the same kind of paper. It´s surely not because you stayed too long. :smile:

Last time I entered was 2011. My 'paperwork' isn't in the system to allow online reporting.

And my local Immigration office seems to want the two copies of everything, obstensibly I believe so the can reuse the blank side for something else (been there, seen that). It's just one of 'those' offices.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, RichCor said:

Last time I entered was 2011. My 'paperwork' isn't in the system to allow online reporting.

And my local Immigration office seems to want the two copies of everything, obstensibly I believe so the can reuse the blank side for something else (been there, seen that). It's just one of 'those' offices.

Ok! I thought all offices was connected to the computer system today? See, how wrong I was there. :smile:

This from a reply to a post you did in another topic here.

There is really no excuse for doing the reports late since you have a window of 15 days before or 7 days after the report date to do them. You can also do them by mail if you cannot do the online reporting.

The standard fine for not reporting or being late is 2000 baht but they could fine you up to the maximum fine of 5000 baht and if they wanted to they could charge an additional fine of 200 baht a day.

4 hours ago, Get Real said:

Ok! I thought all offices was connected to the computer system today? See, how wrong I was there. :smile:

They are all connected to the system.

There is no national database for 90 day reporting. They are only kept in a separate system at the local immigration office. The online 90 day reporting systems only keeps a record of your applications done online and approvals done by the local office.

He cannot do online reporting because his entry is prior to 2013 when the database that the online reporting site access.

• Like 1

Just curious why you can´t do it online or have the same kind of paper. It´s surely not because you stayed too long. [emoji2]
Be honest with yourself. If you were late and were offered 1,000 baht without receipt or 2,000 with a receipt, would you insist on paying more? Get off your moral high horse! It may compensate you for the times when you are asked to pay for something that is supposed to be free, like the time I was asked for 500 baht for a residence certificate. As for online reporting, I tried that I don't know how many times and it never worked for me as it hasn't for many people. You'd think they could get this right. I mentioned it once to an immigration officer and he just gave a knowing smile.

Sent from my P01V using Tapatalk