Early application for yearly extension

My I-O NON yearly extension( long stay ' pension ' )  is due on 12 th October 

the last time I went to immigration for my 90 day reporting , the officer very kindly changed the date on my next 90 day to the same date as my yearly extension, says " now you can do both together " .. I said ok thanks , my question is , I know I can do my 90 days up to 7 days earlier , but when can I do my yearly extension, can that be done earlier too as I need to be somewhere on this date , ( I know I will need to report this too ) . 

4 hours ago, Tanoshi said:

You can make a new application up to 30 days before your current extension expires.

45 days at some offices.

Yes and (as a suggestion to the O/P) it's really a good idea to do the new extension ahead of when it expires. If you leave it to the "last minute" and then realize you forgot to bring along some document or the immigration office is swamped with people or whatever, you might not be able to complete the application on time. If you make the application ahead of time, there would be no immediate deadline pressuring you.

When extending one's permission to stay, the extension starts when the old permission/extension ends. Even if you apply for the new extension a month before it expires, the new extension will begin from when the old one ends.

• Like 1