one baht

Hi , hopefully i have posted my query on the right forum, i will be travelling to Thailand on a SETV , and would like to change to a 90 day non - immigrant visa,  I have a Thai bank book,  but have not kept ATM slips or Superrich receipts from the past several years.

A lot of the money i changed at Superrich  and withdrew from  an ATM and then deposited into my bank a/c,

I will bring AUS $ in October and change into approximately 300,000 Thai baht at superrich exchange booth, and then deposit the money into my Thai bank a/c,

I have been at the same address in Chaiyaphum for 4 years

I have Thai drivers license with same address

My pension and the BHT 300,000 is equal to BHT 800,000 plus

Do i need to bring my bank statement from Australia to show

adequate available funds

Will the receipt from Superrich exchange be evidence enough that Aus $ were bought into the country

Do i need a Statutory Declaration from the Australian Embassy

Are ATM receipts linked to my Australian bank recognised as proof of funds being transferred into Thailand

Thank you for any help you can give me on my first exhaustive post !

Cheers .!

I suggest you transfer the 300k baht into your bank account here so that the bank can write a letter confirming that the funds came from abroad.

Others have tried applying with only exchange slips and deposits into a bank and were denied the application for a non immigrant visa. Same for ATM slips.

You need to do a statutory declaration to prove your income which needs to be at least 500k baht in annual income to combine with the 300k baht in the bank. Probably best to put a little more than 300k in the bank to allow for exchange rate fluctuations.

When you apply for the one year extension of stay based upon retirement during the last 30 days of the 90 day entry from the visa you will not be required to prove the funds came from abroad.

• Thanks 1

Jo... I stand to be corrected, but the 300k needs to be in the bank for no less than 60 days on the day of filling for the extension and as well as the letter from the bank confirming the funds it is wise to get the bank book updated on the day of filling in case the IO asks to see it.

22 minutes ago, 007 RED said:

Jo... I stand to be corrected, but the 300k needs to be in the bank for no less than 60 days on the day of filling for the extension and as well as the letter from the bank confirming the funds it is wise to get the bank book updated on the day of filling in case the IO asks to see it.

According the written rules the 300k baht does not need to be in the bank for 60 days when using the combination option. But some offices do want it. Since the OP is applying for the non immigrant visa he will need to show the money then and would just have keep it at the needed balance while waiting the 60 days to apply for the extension.

I chose not to go into detail about the requirements on the date he applies for the extension. As far as when the bank letter and bank book update needing to be done that depends upon the office where he applies. He could ask about that when he gets the 90 day entry from the visa application at the immigration office where he is living.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, one baht said:

Thank you for your advice Ubon Joe ,  I will speak to my bank tomorrow and find out about if l can transfer Australian currency into my SCB  a/c 

I believe all full service banks in Thailand (and certainly SCB) can accept international transfers via SWIFT. Depending on your bank, they may want to do the transfer via a correspondent bank in Thailand. This should be avoided, as it creates a three-ring circus situation where one of the banks might decide to hold on to the money for a few days at your expense (and it is difficult to prove they are doing so). You have the choice of converting to Thai baht before the transfer in Australia, or on receipt into your account in Thailand. I do not know which is preferable for Australia to Thailand transfers.