DSI says controversial Krathing Cape land title likely to be illegal

webfact

DSI says controversial Krathing Cape land title likely to be illegal

Suthicha Sirirat

1506651133_1-org.jpg

Officials inspect the controversial Krathing Cape property. Photo: Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: -- A team from the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) arrived in Phuket yesterday to investigate the controversial Cape Krathing property development and have said that it is likely that the Chanote issued for the land is likely to be illegal.

Yesterday’s (Sept 28) investigation was led by DSI Deputy Chief Lt Col Prawut Wongsrinil and officials from the Forestry Department.

Lt Col Prawut said, “After being notified of this development we investigated and found that in 2010 a Chanote land document had been issued for a plot of land covering around 30 rai in this area.

Full story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/dsi-says-controversial-krathing-cape-land-title-likely-to-be-illegal-64086.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phuket News 2017-09-29

20 minutes ago, LivinginKata said:

Is this any surprise. So many illegal land papers issued by very corrupt land officials. Yet no one in Land Office is brought to justice ... except the guy who 'commited suicide' in a secure DSI cell .... ummm 

so we have to presume the rot goes all the way to the top

Where I come from, a civil servant is an official representative of the public organization he's working for. If the civil servant makes a mistake, the public organization is responsible for the mistake, and has to compensate the victim of the mistake. Isn't this International standard?

Many years ago, I was on a school field trip where we visited Thailand's Navy Museum. The tour was in English. I asked the guide about people building on land next to the water.  He said "Legally, no one can build on any shores as the land belongs to Thailand. But people still do." And then he shrugged his shoulders...

23 minutes ago, lamecn said:

Where I come from, a civil servant is an official representative of the public organization he's working for. If the civil servant makes a mistake, the public organization is responsible for the mistake, and has to compensate the victim of the mistake. Isn't this International standard?

I would hope not, that would be easy money for the crooks that obtained the land title illegally.

Even without prosecutions it is nice to see that rich arrogant people who got away with stuff for years are slowly finding a different attitude. This is not just within Phuket but look at the 'resorts' being demolished in other parts of the country,

Every journey starts with the first step and there is no need for the indignation some people spout on forums about lack of prosecutions. Word gets around and its the Thai way of doing things. If it works don't knock it- evolution, not revolution.

It brought a smile to my face earlier today reading an article about illegal land encroachment in Bangkok and the people wanting compensation to move- there's a mindset here in Thailand that just doesn't get it!

Part of my edit disappeared so I'll try again. The Mayor of Rawai has been dragging his feet over the enforced demolition of a project, even though the courts have ruled. No surprised there as its pretty clear there has been duplicitous activity going on for years- remember all the arrests but no prosecutions?

I am pretty sure the large scale developments currently taking place at the north end of Kamala are probably dodgy as well. Reassurances were given at the start that the casurina groves would be protected- this has clearly not occurred. Given the large number of police and others in uniform at the blessing the other month suitable remuneration has taken place.

Edited by Psimbo

30 minutes ago, stevenl said:

I would hope not, that would be easy money for the crooks that obtained the land title illegally.

So what you are telling me is that public institutions don't have any responsibility for what the civil servants are doing at work?

>>>The Mayor of Rawai has been dragging his feet over the enforced demolition of a project, even though the courts have ruled. No surprised there as its pretty clear there has been duplicitous activity going on for years- remember all the arrests but no prosecutions?

No doubt, this guys fingerprints are all over issues that are always being brought up for being on the dubious side.

5 hours ago, lamecn said:

No.

In many parts of the world what you have described is the very antithesis of the states attitude towards power and responsibility.

By "attitude" I mean the "real" attitude held by the state and its leaders, not the one promoted and advertised as being held by the state and its leaders.

Edited by Enoon

8 hours ago, lamecn said:

You are correct. A land title obtained through the central register is a guarantee, lists the history of ownership, mortgages, caveats and any adverse condition attached to the title.

9 hours ago, lamecn said:

But this is Thailand and your civil servant ethics do in no way apply here in Thailand. It's all about the 'civil servant' scamming as much money as possible, and he/she can be assured that there will be almost no repercussion as they entire chain of government authority is corrupt and they are all trying to hold up a shakey house of cards.