Deputy PM 'not aware' of CNN report placing Yingluck in London

webfact

Deputy PM 'not aware' of CNN report placing Yingluck in London

By The Nation

d435a06356873a2cfeb323eb425374e5.jpg

File photo: Former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra.

BANGKOK: -- Deputy Prime Minister and Defence Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan on Friday said he was not aware of a report that now places convicted former prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra in London and seeking political asylum there.

Prawit was responding to a report by CNN on Friday, quoting a source from the Pheu Thai Party who said that Yingluck is now in London and seeking political asylum in the United Kingdom.

The last known whereabouts of Yingluck was disclosed on Thursday by Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha, who said that she is in Dubai where her brother, Thaksin, who is also living in self-exile, has a villa.

“I don't know [if Yingluck is in London],” Prawit said, adding that the Foreign Ministry had not given him any updated reports of Yingluck’s whereabouts as reported in foreign media.

Thaksin and his family are now in London where he has a Bt260 million house.

Quoting anonymous government sources in Dubai, Prawit on Thursday said Yingluck promised not to be involved in any political activities while she is staying in the emirate.

Authorities in Dubai have also promised the Thai Foreign Ministry that they would keep an eye on Yingluck and ensure she did not participate in any political campaigns, Prawit said.

Yingluck was sentenced in absentia on Wednesday to five years in prison by the Supreme Court for negligence in preventing corruption and irregularities in her government’s rice-pledging scheme.

She fled the country days before she was scheduled to attend the reading of the verdict by the Supreme Court late last month.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30328002

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-09-29

Yingluck is in London – says Pheu Thai Party to CNN

By Thai PBS

4EA4174D-3D2D-43AA-A815-4E7FD7205AFC.jpe

Former Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra sentenced in absentia to five years in prison is now in London and is seeking asylum in the UK, CNN quoted a Pheu Thai Party (PTP) source as saying today (Thursday).

She is in London and seeking political asylum in the United Kingdom, CNN said.

Earlier Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha said on Thursday that Yingluck was in hiding in Dubai, where her brother Thaksin Shinawatra, another former Thai prime minister, lives in exile.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/yingluck-london-says-pheu-thai-party-cnn/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2017-09-29

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

The Junta's spies should be fired immediately. They're truly awful. 

They should watch CNN and other news outlets.  That is what spy agencies do.  It is boring work, but part of the job.  Those comments say a lot about Thailand's "intelligence" gathering abilities.  You have to monitor things other than FaceBook.   

Former Thai leader seeking asylum in UK, says party source

By Chieu Luu and Euan McKirdy, CNN

(CNN)Thailand's former Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra is in London and seeking political asylum in the United Kingdom, a source in her Pheu Thai Party told CNN on Thursday.

Thailand's Supreme Court convicted Yingluck on Wednesday of dereliction of duty over a controversial rice subsidy program and sentenced her to five years in prison. The scheme cost the country billions of dollars.

Having already fled the country, Yingluck was not present for the verdict and sentencing.

Full story: http://edition.cnn.com/2017/09/28/asia/yingluck-shinawatra-asylum/index.html

cnn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright CNN 2017-09-29

1 hour ago, candide said:

It would be the same in any democratic country. I have no doubt she would be welcomed in France, Germany, etc...

Yes. Imagine the conversation in London.

Yingluck: I come from erection, do nothing wrong.

Home Office: Do you have any criminal convictions?

Yingluck: No

Home Office: you sure about that?

Yingluck: o k court remove me from office because say I abuse power; now court give me 5 years because say I negligent.

Home Office: so, you do have convictions?

Yingluck: no I tell you it's all political. I never ever do wrong, like my brother.

Home Office: are there any other factors you want us to consider?

Yingluck: I am billionaire; my brother richer multi billionaire.

Home Office: Welcome to Britain madame. Hope you are happy here. Please pick up citizenship form on your way out after finishing your tea!

:thumbsup:

Police and Government authorities in Thailand are like the old Key Stone Cops in the old movies. No one knows what the other one is doing.

1: void her passport and notify all countries.

2: Notify all countries there is a warrant out for her arrest.

3: Also notify all that she  is wanted as a fugitive.

4: Contact Interpol to request her arrest and deport her.

so easy, but money money money in my pocket, yummy yummy yummy.

Any Western country wouldknow where their own fugtives are, what restaurants they eat in. How many times they go on the toilet. Etc etc.

The wrod is laughing at Thailand. 

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

Yingluck: o k court remove me from office because say I abuse power; now court give me 5 years because say I negligent.

Yingluck: no I tell you it's all political. I never ever do wrong, like my brother.

Home Office: Welcome to Britain madame. Hope you are happy here. Please pick up citizenship form on your way out after finishing your tea!

At least she would not costing the taxpayer any money. So its not a bad deal if she does get asylum in the UK. But I wonder if they want her as it does look bad taking her in as she was convicted of an actual crime that was not made up and backed up by solid evidence. 

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Prawit was responding to a report by CNN on Friday, quoting a source from the Pheu Thai Party who said that Yingluck is now in London and seeking political asylum in the United Kingdom.

Maybe it's just old age, but I do not recall this reference of a Pheu Thai source, in this morning's 'BIG UK NEWS'. I recall 'UAE' and Reuters, but not PT.

Now, we hear that P2 is 'unaware' of a CNN report, quoting PT as its source. A very different kettle of worms sorry, fish, since the PT leadership could have a number of different motives behind statements they make to the media. But, for Prawit to say 'not aware' of the CNN report; has he been asleep all day or does he not accept that CNN has been a respected purveyor of the truth for nearly 40 years, a concept that must be totally alien - scary, even - to him and his boss.

I guess they'll all be busy packing now . . . anyone know which airline they're using? They wouldn't dare use ThaiAir, it being under their 'supposed' control; fuel, food and toiletry worries being more than enough to spoil the in-flight movie. Roll-on Tuesday

1 hour ago, Baerboxer said:

Brilliant!

31 minutes ago, robblok said:

But I wonder if they want her as it does look bad taking her in as she was convicted of an actual crime that was not made up and backed up by solid evidence. 

Oh no you have laid bait - Enter halloween stage left carrying a box of scratched records

It simply says to the General Go fk yourself. Plus Yingluck has more power than you do no matter how much of a criminal she is in her own country Thailand,

Shame also on UK for accepting such a criminal. I will never ever go to war to protect UK if they can accept such scumbags.

From an Aussie.

PS UK can go to hell also! Rather rely on USA and Trump than you,

6 hours ago, yellowboat said:

They should watch CNN and other news outlets.  That is what spy agencies do.  It is boring work, but part of the job.  Those comments say a lot about Thailand's "intelligence" gathering abilities.  You have to monitor things other than FaceBook.   

Isn't there something about having to be intelligent so you can gather intelligence?:wai:

5 hours ago, Lupatria said:

Imagine being the GM of a car tyre shop and Prawit was your substitute. How long would you let him keep  this job?

I hear that when he retires he wishes to work (in a consultative capacity) as the entertainment functions organiser for a large brewing company.