Asus ROG G751 Laptop mobo problem?

Madgee

Hi guys,

Laptop 2.5 year old. Suddenly stopped charging and died.

Sent to Asus service centre as no one locally would touch it.

Got a phone call from Asus quoting 35,000 for repair. New mobo and battery. Refused and returned.

After doing some research I've discovered that Asus always just replace the mobo.

Could it be something that is repairable by a competent tech? (if I can find one) Nothing to lose really even if they *"!* it up.

Brick checked and working fine. All cables checked.

Battery internal and not easy to remove.

I'm not a happy chappy and missing my WoW gaming.

Any suggestions? 

In theory there should be someone who should be able to fix it. But these experts are rare.

Pantip changed recently a lot. There was a shop on the 4th floor directly near the escalator called "Digital" or something similar. Just a very small shop but the guy was very competent. Maybe he moved to another place inside Pantip.

Otherwise I would ask in the back of Pantip. When you go there and see someone with an oscilloscope then probably that's the guy to ask.

I have a little electronic background and basically if your are lucky maybe it's just a bad capacitor which is relative easy to replace. If it is not something (relative) obvious like that it will be very difficult to impossible to repair it.