Refugees selling food to support themselves impress Thais online balancing negativity

webfact

Refugees selling food to support themselves impress Thais online balancing negativity

4am.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

BANGKOK: -- Thai Rath reported that Thais online were impressed by the actions of Syrian and Afghan refugees selling food to support themselves in Bangkok.

The story was in contrast to one earlier in the day reporting on a rise in anti-Muslim sentiment in Thailand.

The influential Thai media said that those who have come to Thailand from such places are often met with skepticism amid worries that they just drain the Thai coffers of money.

So it was heartening to see people from the war torn countries selling their local food at an Islamic center in Ramkhamhaeng Soi 2 in moves to take responsibility for supporting themselves.

And the food was very competitively priced too.

Pictured were several people selling hummus for 50 baht a tub, chicken and beef kebabs for 50-60 baht a time, pasties with a variety of fillings for just 20 baht and sweets such as agar jellies.

Thai Rath encouraged people in the area to call in on Fridays and get some delicious food and help out the refugees at the same time.

The story came on the same day as one commenting on a rise in "Islamophobia" in Thailand.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-10-03

26 minutes ago, LazySlipper said:

Seeing how Thailand is not open to helping refugees I wonder why they weren't arrested by immigration.

Putting them on the front page of social media will certainly do nothing to help them other than get them caught.

They put the pic there because him is fallang and him works but they don't really dare to call him bad.....not this time though.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

4am.jpg

Picture: Thai Rath

BANGKOK: -- Thai Rath reported that Thais online were impressed by the actions of Syrian and Afghan refugees selling food to support themselves in Bangkok.

The story was in contrast to one earlier in the day reporting on a rise in anti-Muslim sentiment in Thailand.

The influential Thai media said that those who have come to Thailand from such places are often met with skepticism amid worries that they just drain the Thai coffers of money.

So it was heartening to see people from the war torn countries selling their local food at an Islamic center in Ramkhamhaeng Soi 2 in moves to take responsibility for supporting themselves.

And the food was very competitively priced too.

Pictured were several people selling hummus for 50 baht a tub, chicken and beef kebabs for 50-60 baht a time, pasties with a variety of fillings for just 20 baht and sweets such as agar jellies.

Thai Rath encouraged people in the area to call in on Fridays and get some delicious food and help out the refugees at the same time.

The story came on the same day as one commenting on a rise in "Islamophobia" in Thailand.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2017-10-03

Unlike the 35000+ Canada let in over 18 months ago.  Short of cherished government jobs, they mostly remain unemployed and complain about their free hotel lodging, food, and cell phone budget etc. Not to mention the able bodied unemployed men and their huge families with 3+ wives (political defined as single mothers). The cost to the taxpayer is enormous. Perhaps giving them nothing like their predecessors from post war europe is the better way. 

"Thai Rath reported that Thais online were impressed by the actions of Syrian and Afghan refugees selling food to support themselves in Bangkok."

Of course they were impressed!  Eating is like a national hobby in Thailand, so anything to do with food is a win win situation.

So, if I were to sit at the side of the road and sell good old British fish and chips on a daily basis, that'll be OK then!

25 minutes ago, Moti24 said:

"Thai Rath reported that Thais online were impressed by the actions of Syrian and Afghan refugees selling food to support themselves in Bangkok."

Of course they were impressed!  Eating is like a national hobby in Thailand, so anything to do with food is a win win situation.

So, if I were to sit at the side of the road and sell good old British fish and chips on a daily basis, that'll be OK then!

OK with me, please let us know where you're going to be and I'll be along to try your fish'n chips

6 minutes ago, 8OA8 said:

OK with me, please let us know where you're going to be and I'll be along to try your fish'n chips

Swiftly followed by a Channel 3 news crew making a report for the evening 'feel good news' and then the following days report in Thaivisa full of 'hope he has a work permit'.

47 minutes ago, Moti24 said:

Sorry you must convert first. 

3 hours ago, Curmudgeon1 said:

Unlike the 35000+ Canada let in over 18 months ago.  Short of cherished government jobs, they mostly remain unemployed and complain about their free hotel lodging, food, and cell phone budget etc. Not to mention the able bodied unemployed men and their huge families with 3+ wives (political defined as single mothers). The cost to the taxpayer is enormous. Perhaps giving them nothing like their predecessors from post war europe is the better way. 

One right answer: yes.

3 hours ago, Curmudgeon1 said:

The parasites went to Europe and Canada !!
Free money, free phone, free housing, free medical benefits, free ... You name it.
I have a lot more respect for these entrepreneurs that are trying to make a living...

Good job !!! :thumbsup:

i know it should be a feel good story and I hate to be a miserable git. But, I was over near Asiatique a few months back and that area is swarming with them now. sure, there may be a few refugees amongst the hoards but i'm pretty sure most are just illegal immigrants, plain and simple. in which case, round em up and stick them in IDC and chuck them out. no discriminating. rules are rules. it'd be anarchy without enforcement of the laws i tell ya. don't listen to the sob stories, kick them out 55555