Prawit still won’t pin down election date

webfact

By The Nation

8bc35a79104692a24bf0331bd1f9e92d.jpg

File photo: Deputy Prime Minister Gen Prawit Wongsuwan.

Deputy Prime Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan on Wednesday reiterated that the election date would be set after a completion of the relevant organic laws plus 150 days for election preparations.

The Deputy Prime Minister refused to confirm the date despite a joint statement by the US and Thailand citing “free and fair elections in 2018”.

Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha informed US President Donald Trump during their meeting at the White House that he would announce the election date next year.

Prawit said what the PM meant was that he would announce the date next year with a condition that the election would take place after the completion of the laws and the countdown of election-preparation days.

“It’s not that he said the election will be held next year,” said Prawit. “When the election date will be is up to the completion of the organic laws.”

Two of these laws have been promulgated – the Election Commission and the political parties laws – while the other two, concerning senators and the election of MPs, are still going through the drafting and deliberation process. Once this is completed, there will be another 150 days for preparation by the Election Commission before the election can take place.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30328442

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-10-04

1 hour ago, rkidlad said:

Is it all beginning to be a bit too much now? Seems like they're desperately trying to say anything to avoid setting a date. 

Can't keep doing this forever. 

Forever is a long time. All they are interested in is 20 or 30 years. Which they can do. Who is going to stop them?

Edited by lovelomsak

19 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Trump has been told, why not the Thai people ?

regards Worgeordie

Because Prawit is the real boss.

PM Prayut is simply the up-front, all singing, dancing showman acting on instruction from Prawit.

The people will not be told until when Prawit is ready.

God help the Thai people if in the 150 days preparation for the election they find a fault and have to have go back to square one again. And you know they will. I fully expect a muslim insurgent delay, voting papers printer ran out of ink delay, unable to find suitable voting locations delay, monkeys stealing ballot boxes and card delay, lady boys in Pattaya stole the voting papers that were tied around a farang neck delay and delay as the people don't understand the voting issues.  

18 hours ago, webfact said:

By The Nation

Deputy Prime Minister General Prawit Wongsuwan on Wednesday reiterated that the election date would be set after a completion of the relevant organic laws plus 150 days for election preparations.

The Deputy Prime Minister refused to confirm the date despite a joint statement by the US and Thailand citing “free and fair elections in 2018”.

Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha informed US President Donald Trump during their meeting at the White House that he would announce the election date next year.

Prawit said what the PM meant was that he would announce the date next year with a condition that the election would take place after the completion of the laws and the countdown of election-preparation days.

“It’s not that he said the election will be held next year,” said Prawit. “When the election date will be is up to the completion of the organic laws.”

Two of these laws have been promulgated – the Election Commission and the political parties laws – while the other two, concerning senators and the election of MPs, are still going through the drafting and deliberation process. Once this is completed, there will be another 150 days for preparation by the Election Commission before the election can take place.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/politics/30328442

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2017-10-04

Old "Spud Head" hath spoken, listen up!

19 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

God help the Thai people if in the 150 days preparation for the election they find a fault and have to have go back to square one again. And you know they will. I fully expect a muslim insurgent delay, voting papers printer ran out of ink delay, unable to find suitable voting locations delay, monkeys stealing ballot boxes and card delay, lady boys in Pattaya stole the voting papers that were tied around a farang neck delay and delay as the people don't understand the voting issues.  

Dont worry Richard They have the number for" dial a bomber"  Comes in handy when they get cornered about having an election. Proves to everyone that country still unstable therefore need strong military government to keep things in order

On 04/10/2017 at 8:59 AM, webfact said:

By The Nation

This was only for a captive audience whilst in the USA. The content of this means an Option to delay, for another Option to Delay, for another option to delay ECT.

One thing DPM Gen. Prawit is not responsible for, and should not be judged on, is his appearance. About a 'difficult' appearance, I remember Thaksin's cousin who was the Foreign Minister under Yingluck (remember T's new passports?), I couldn't have stopped myself greeting with my right middle finger up, no, not that, just the ET thing, you know, so...

But one remains instinctive in its reflexes, and I don't think anyone would ever have bought an insurance contract, or a bowl of noodles, from any of both. Where I ask myself in which direction it works: would these two examples have become swindlers because of their looks, or was it in reverse?

Anyway, I wonder whether any well conformed soldier can ever have accepted an order from this army officer without any afterthought... What I know from hearing Thais speak, is he's seen as a poisonous toad, and it's enough he tells anything for them to think the exact opposite will be true...

13 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

Another lying hog. In all fairness though - if they run elections, who is there to be elected? Seriously! 

Correct they have run most opposition out of town. Maybe the frog will? But my guess would be it will mostly Generals Like General Ah we  General Lon Son and so on Thailand has 660 Generals so lots to choose from. Then the world cant say" Hey Thailand did you have elections"? Answer would be" Yes we Did" The people voted just ask them