Expert Raises Alarm Over Prayuth-Trump Coal Deal

snoop1130

Expert Raises Alarm Over Prayuth-Trump Coal Deal

By Teeranai Charuvastra, Staff Reporter

trumpcoal-696x426.jpg

Donald Trump campaigns before the 2016 US presidential election. Photo: Wikimedia Commons

BANGKOK — Thailand is set to import more than 150,000 tons of coal from the United States following a discussion between top leaders of the two nations in Washington D.C.

The coal, similar to that routinely imported from a source much closer, will be used in cement manufacturing by a state enterprise, according to a Wednesday state media report. The same report argued that Thailand needs a new source for coal, though an environment expert warned the country may end up with inferior material.

Full Story: http://www.khaosodenglish.com/politics/2017/10/04/expert-raises-alarm-prayuth-trump-coal-deal/

khaosodeng_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khaosod English 2017-10-4

2 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Good to know that returning Thailand to a free democracy is as important as 150,000 tons of coal.

What has democracy in Thailand got to do with the USA or Trump? This is basic trade between two countries.

Just as if the local spin doctors did not know about what Trump said about his backing for coal a month or two ago.

So we buy coal from you to make him happy was the reply.

Let me know when the first boatload arrives, if I am still alive.

51 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

It's about the fact that a world leader is willing to overlook a military junta for money.  

A world leader (leader of the largest economy on the planet) that gave up his salary because he is a billionaire, overlooked a military junta for $6,000,000...right :saai: They overlooked the Junta alright, but I doubt it was the 'coal deal' that they overlooked it for.

18 hours ago, wakeupplease said:

Just as if the local spin doctors did not know about what Trump said about his backing for coal a month or two ago.

So we buy coal from you to make him happy was the reply.

Let me know when the first boatload arrives, if I am still alive.

Less than 10 unit train loads of Powder river coal probably shipped out through Westshore Terminals, Roberts Bank,  Delta B.C. on 1 large bulker or two smaller ones. Sounds like a one off sale, nothing to get excited about. Japan buys more Australian coal by far. This was an appetizer for Prayuth. You'll live mate.

20 hours ago, RichardColeman said:

Good to know that returning Thailand to a free democracy is as important as 150,000 tons of coal.

You could always leave Thailand in protest and "take all your money with you". 

That'll show 'em, and you'll feel better about yourself.