Immigration closed today???

15 minutes ago, Aditi Sharma said:

Are immigration offices never closed without notice or when it is not a public holiday? Just asking. 

Never unless it is a emergency situation such as no electricity or a natural disaster (flooding for example).

• Like 1

Why were people thinking that today was closed for business. Maybe that's what made OP ask the question and not because s/he wanted to go there today.

Edited by Aditi Sharma
swallowing words!

53 minutes ago, sanemax said:

No alcohol day doesnt mean no immigration office open day

But clearly the 2 are associated in some people's minds. If alcohol's off, can anything else be on?

[I must admit my partner thought the same last night when I read that today was a no-alcohol day.]

Basically this question gets asked every time there is a Budddhist holiday and the same answer is given every time.

And then its gets answered again and again and again.

Trouble is people are so addled they cant remember their own name let lone if immigration is open.

1 hour ago, berybert said:

Basically this question gets asked every time there is a Budddhist holiday and the same answer is given every time.

And then its gets answered again and again and again.

Trouble is people are so addled they cant remember their own name let lone if immigration is open.

Most of the people I have met during my visits were/are good people who came to Thailand for a better life. Whether they remembered their names all the time did not matter and that is very the point. If immigration is closed today it will open. 

Edited by Aditi Sharma
edit

To be fair, there are a few Buddha days that are also public holidays, just today isn't one of them, these are ASFAIK the ones that immigration are normally closed for: Makha Bucha Day, Visakha Bucha Day and Asalha Bucha Day.

There is a pinned list of the known public holidays in the General Topics Forum.