Volunteers Needed to Help With Daffodils for Dad Ceremony on October 26

snoop1130

Volunteers Needed to Help With Daffodils for Dad Ceremony on October 26

by CityNews

cleaning-day-1600x900.jpg

CityNews – The Thai Red Cross Society and National Archives of Chiang Mai are calling for volunteers to join the daffodils for dad ceremony at the International Exhibition and Convention Centre on October 26th.

The Thai Red Cross Society Chiang Mai Office will be arranging 170 food and drink booths at the the daffodils for dad ceremony, International Exhibition and Convention Centre on October 26th to commemorate the funeral of the His Majesty the Late King Bhumibol Adulyadej in Chiang Mai.

– Zone A: 60 spots, open from 10am – 4pm
– Zone B: about a 100 spots, open from 10am – 8pm
– Zone C: 11 spots, open 10am until everyone leaves the event

Full Story: http://www.chiangmaicitylife.com/news/volunteers-needed-to-help-with-daffodils-for-dad-ceremony-on-october-26/

changmainews_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Chiang City News 2017-10-6

19 hours ago, dfdgfdfdgs said:

Even after clicking the link I have no idea what the volunteers are expected to do.  Man food and drinks stalls?

Even google brings no answer as to what it is about.

BTW, the only way to get a volunteer work permit is to be sponsored by a company. I doubt that is happening here, and we all know that volunteering requires a work permit.

When Thailand wants me to volunteer, I will. Till then, sorry.

21 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Even google brings no answer as to what it is about.

BTW, the only way to get a volunteer work permit is to be sponsored by a company. I doubt that is happening here, and we all know that volunteering requires a work permit.

When Thailand wants me to volunteer, I will. Till then, sorry.

No, it's very possible for an organization to arrange for a temporary work permit for project like this.  The local labor dept. is very willing to assist groups that want to do this.  I've been involved in the process many times.  However, it does need to be arranged several days in advance with the volunteers filing out a form and submitting a copy of their passport.  Then, a document is produced by the labor dept with names of the approved volunteers, available to any police or other gov't official who makes inquiry during the event. 

Actually, I think just about any yellow flower is going to be appropriate.  It's just that marigolds are very easy to produce commercially in this climate.  I've seen plantings with mixed species of yellow flowers, so the story may be accurate about daffodils.  And they may be real, actual daffodils.  They can be "forced" if the bulbs are refrigerated for many weeks and then grown in climate controlled conditions.  Remarkably expensive to do in this climate, but it would be a great tribute to have a flower like this -- more expensive to produce than roses.

And as someone who has grown flowers commercially, I've got to say that I've seen some poor examples of marigolds on display here recently.  Especially those placed around the trees obstructing the footpaths around the moat.  Uneven height, small blooms, very "stretched" plants.  

These are plants that the growers pushed on quickly with fertilizers and supplemental lighting and tried to keep short with growth regulator sprays and were "rewarded" with small blooms (an unwanted side effect of using growth regulators).   Probably due to the lack of sufficient time from initial planning of the crop to delivery.  Some things just can't be rushed.