My Qualifications for Teaching: Are they enough for BKK?

ivan96822

Hello,

I am a high school English teacher in America. I have taught grades 9 - 12 for the past nine years. I have experience teaching in Hawaii and California.

Furthermore, I have a Master's degree in Education, a single subject teaching credential from both Hawaii and California, and a Bachelor's degree in English.

With these qualifications, would I be able to find work teaching English in Bangkok? What kind of school would I be qualified with these credentials? How much could I expect to get paid per month?

Thank you for reading. I appreciate any helpful and insightful responses.

:)

Hi, yes of course you can find work teaching in Bangkok with those excellent credentials and experience. You are qualified to work at literally any school. Top international school will pay the most. Find vacancies on sites such as Tieonline, Search Associates and so on. Ideally, you would want to go to a jobs fair in the US to secure the highest package. Search Associates is running three fairs in the US this year. You can expect flight allowance, housing allowance, baggage allowance and a top salary.
Join Search Associates or other site to see the range that each school pays. If you are concerned about salary then Thailand isn't necessarily the place with the highest earning potential. Have a look at Aristotle Education - they are recruiting for a school in Saudi Arabia - it's in a different league to anywhere in Thailand. They send new hires to the University of California, Berkeley for a four-week induction program, offer a $5,000 signing bonus and pay a tax-free salary of $72,000 per year.  

Archived