Collecting extension of stay on 13th October

Hi all,

I have an issue that I'm hoping someone can help with. 

I applied for an an extension of stay based on Thai wife to a non-o (my fourth consecutive) at CW last month. 

The date stamped for collection of the 11 months was 13 October 2017. 

I'm currently out of the country (with a re-entry permit) returning on the 13th very early in the morning. 

Apparently the 13th is now a holiday (anniversary of the death of the King). 

We called 1111 last week to check and they said that at that time the holiday wasn't official so they weren't sure if CW would be open or not. 

Called again two days ago and apparently they're now closed, but different calls have resulted in different answers. 

I don't want to go all the way there to find it's closed, but I'm also concerned if I go on Monday I will 1 - technically be on an overstay over the weekend and 2 - that CW might actually be open on Friday and then they won't give me my extension. 

Does anyone have any experience or advice on this?

thank you!

this answer will not solve your problem, but for the sake of others reading your post,,,, Here AGAIN we have a guy that is doing the same MISTAKE... Why in heavens name operate with dates that is so enormously close to the end-date of your existing extension of stay????

There is absolutely no room at all for any mishaps or nothing.... Have you not learn in life, that by doing this crap time after time, you will run into problem, no question about that....

Next time do your "trips"  in a more timely manner and keep sanity for God sake..

Good luck

Glegolo

Edited by glegolo
  • Like 1

The 13th is a official holiday. Immigration will be closed.

13 October (Friday) King Bhumibol Adulyadej’s Passing (see note)

(Note: Holidays canceled and added according to Cabinet resolution on 11 April 2017}

If all goes well on arrival you can go to immigration on the 16th to get your extension stamp.

The under consideration stamp allows you to stay in the country until your application is approved but I am not sure about arriving back in the country on the report back date that is on it.

22 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The 13th is a official holiday. Immigration will be closed.

If all goes well on arrival you can go to immigration on the 16th to get your extension stamp.

The under consideration stamp allows you to stay in the country until your application is approved but I am not sure about arriving back in the country on the report back date that is on it.

Thanks Ubonjoe, I'll go to collect on the 16th then. For arriving back on the date, I actually land on the 12th but just very late. Will report back if there's any issues. 

Edited by jimmiejackson

3 hours ago, glegolo said:

this answer will not solve your problem, but for the sake of others reading your post,,,, Here AGAIN we have a guy that is doing the same MISTAKE... Why in heavens name operate with dates that is so enormously close to the end-date of your existing extension of stay????

There is absolutely no room at all for any mishaps or nothing.... Have you not learn in life, that by doing this crap time after time, you will run into problem, no question about that....

Next time do your "trips"  in a more timely manner and keep sanity for God sake..

Good luck

Glegolo

I would say he planned his Extension to perfection. Unfortunatley the new holiday has thrown him a little but as he arrives back the day before IE the 12th. He will be able to go back to his Immigration office on the next available working day with no problems.

• 2 weeks later...