Only Ksc Providing "lan Service" Instead Of Internet Access?

Temp

Hello

I have KSC in Udon Thani. Apart from that their service has gone a bit downhill the last few months, my guess after some reconfiguring of the network after KSC was aquired by True, it really became awful 27.december. Before that there had been horrible bandwidth from 8-9 in the morning to 19-20 in the evening with bandwidth down to 20-30kbps on a 1mbit account, frequent disconnects, unstable DNS, unstable autentication servers. On the 27th however it appears they have at least me and I guess most other users as well behind a firewall and are assigning "private IP's" to their customers. What this means is that your machines IP will only be accesible for ports that their firewall forwards and that is restricted to 23/80/443/8080(maybe some additional but at least those). This means that you can only surf WWW and check email. They even block port 119 for Usenet(nntp)!!. So basically I am paying for Internet access but receiving a LAN service with WWW and e-mail.

I wrote an e-mail asking what the issue was and did not receive a reply. I then sent another 6 days later asking if they could answer the first and got a reply that they had sent the problem to "the network for check". So they do not have immidiate access to tech people at KSC that know the difference between providing a firewalled Internet access and a real Internet access?

Any suggestions as to what I should do apart from maybe switching ISP if this isn't rectified soon. Are other ISP's doing the same since the earthquake outside Taiwan?

I guess they could be trying to conserve bandwidth, but there are more sofisticated ways of doing that without restricting people to WWW and e-mail only. I can not believe this for KSC as I believed they mostly had business customers. This is not what I would like to use for my work.

Temp